1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Now that media got what it wanted

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 20, 2008.

?

Will the media give us any love now?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    are we going to get any credit from the big media for this season or is it going to be another week (or hell another offseason) of hate?

2. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

My personal opinion we need to get over what the national media cares about, it's simple they are gonna say what they are gonna say and San Diego will NEVER, EVER be part of who they think the sports world is or should be. So even caring what they think is IMO ludicris. The only opinion for us worth a darn is local. The national media is based in NY and Washington and will always have a east coast bent, the Chargers could win 1,000 superbowls and we would never get the respect that the Jets, Giants, patriots or Redskins would get.

Stan 17

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The national media isn't even going to bother talking about us. We're going to get credit?

They didn't want us there. We were the fly in their champagne. The only reason they talked about us at all was because we forced them to by raining on their parade. Now they can sweep us under the rug and go on to what they really want to talk about---the Patriots.

Our season is over. Tomorrow I'm sure there will be a few sentiments of begrudging respect. Peter King will probably get off a one-line quip about how we were really much better than expected, and Troy Aikman will praise PR's toughness, but after tomorrow I doubt there will be anything written about the Chargers beyond the follow-up on our injuries.

4. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    They'll sound sympathetic because they're relieved and they can sound all sagey and all knowing, but it won't last. You wait, at the very least, they'll come after LT for sitting on the side lines.

5. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Yup...King is a putz, he NEVER travels farther than Chicago for a story during the entire season.

IMO His columns have been pointless garbage even since he started showing more interest in his daughters sports exploits than in actual NFL sports coverage or commentary, shamelessly shilling for your relatives is OK, do it in person, but who gives a flying fudge what Mary Beth King is or what she is doing in highschool or college.

Stan 17

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    San Diego sports teams have NEVER gotten any respect. Maybe that's because we've had professional football and baseball for only about 40 years, compared with the Midwest and East Coast cities that have over a century of tradition behind their teams. Maybe it's also because San Diego itself has never been taken seriously---people seem to think it's just a wacko Southern California city whose fans lack loyalty because the weather allows them to enjoy so many other activities.

I don't care about any of that. What I saw in Foxborough today was a team that was given NO chance to win, and yet they hung tough and never gave up, even though they were beat up and hurting. Almost all the so-called experts just "knew" the Pats were going to wipe us off the face of the planet, and it didn't happen. I'm proud as hell of the Chargers. My parents, who held season tickets for 15 years and were fans until the day they died, would have also been proud of them. So to hell with the media........we Charger backers know how good this team is!!

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    What I've heard from the media thus far hasn't been bad or condescending at all. So far, so good :tup:

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    QFT.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I was going to start a thread asking the same question.
    THEY BETTER!!

Nobody else has intercepted Brady three times this season and that game was FAR from a blow out!!!

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i'm just betting that Manning will get all the *** kissing he could ever want

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Patsies will slaughter him!!!!
    We'll see what they say after that!!