1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PORTER GOES OFF ON PATRIOTS

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Nov 23, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    In an interview aired last hour during ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown, Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter teed off on the Patriots and the cheating scandal that was disclosed last year.

The following partial transcript has been forwarded to us by ESPN.

Keyshawn Johnson: Let’s switch to the New England Patriots game. Is there a big difference in that rivalry of the Miami Dolphins, New England, and Pittsburgh-New England?

Joey Porter: Yeah, it’s a big difference . . . but I still got hate from when I was at Pittsburgh.

Keyshawn: Why?

Porter: Because I got cheated.

Keyshawn: Cheated in what?

Porter: In both of them AFC championship games.

Keyshawn: What did they do?

Porter: Come on, man. They’ve been videotaping for years, man. You cannot sit up there and honestly tell me if it wasn’t working, why was he doing it so much? You’re not going to sit up there and tell me if I’m a quarterback in my headset I know where the blitz is coming. I know where my hots and stuff is at before it happens. I know what play you’re running on defense. All you got to do is be in the right position . . . just catch the ball.

Keyshawn: So you feel they were cheating. You don’t feel they were just the better team?

Porter: What? No, no, no, no. Two times we could have blown them people out easily. They say, oh, he’s so smart. This is the best brainstorming coach. Yeah, because he’s cheating. He got caught. . . . If it wasn’t so bad, why did you destroy the tape so fast? . . . We want to see the tapes. When you get rid of evidence like that, there was something in it they didn’t want everybody to see.

Keyshawn: So you take it personally?

Porter: Man. . . . That’s my dynasty. You know what I mean? I could be sitting up here with three rings. This is the way I look at it. I played three AFC Championships — won one, lost two. . . . Yeah, to me just like they want to put an asterisk on everything else, yeah, I don’t care what they say. They have an asterisk on them. . . . At the same time, people that played against them on the field, we know. Who they got on that team beside Tom Brady? It’s not like they’ve got a gang of dogs over there. . . . They have a bunch of all right guys. You know what I mean? Not no just real dogs. They’ve got some beasts on the D line and stuff like that but . . . .

Keyshawn: You can’t possibly think, three Super Bowls. . . . You think they cheated in every single one of them games?

Porter: Man, I’m going to tell you, I’m taking that to the grave, man. I don’t care what nobody say. . . .

Keyshawn: What about last year? . . . All the glamour, glitz and glamour, 16-0. You think they were cheating then?

Porter: I don’t know. You know, I don’t know. . . . Maybe he found a new way to do it or not to tell you the truth. The boy cold, man. He showed us, he’s cold. The boy cold, man. Hey, the boy cold, man. He showed us man, he cold. . . . I don’t trust him.

Time for a Pat's homer to post a defense of Belichick and/or discredit Porter.

2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Who's Joey Porter...know what I'm sayin'?

Old news, Joey...stop yer whining.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Right on cue. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Yep...and you ring Pavlov's bells as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    What goes around comes around.

6. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    If that's your theory, what is coming around on the Chargers THIS year?:icon_wink:

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yeah I saw that... :tup: :lol:

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    16 @ 0 and get spanked in the Super Bowl. You tell me what's happening.

9. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Does this mean there is a God?

The Patriots got beat by a better team in the SB, and this year the MVP went down on the fourteenth play of the season....as did six or seven other guys over the first few games. Unless you are the superstitious sort, which prompted my first question.

Now, do you think you could answer my question rather than redirecting and tossing up a straw man. Thanks...appreciated.

Now, even though I didn't start the thread, I will now disappear before I lose my chance to become the richest gambler on BoltTalk....:D

Good luck against the Colts....pray...it might work.