1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Positional Rankings: Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Witten is not better than Gates. I'll give Tony G the nod for now but Gates is right behind him. AG had the worst statistical season last season so you know he's gonna come back strong. But the rankings are just the opinion of the writer anyway. For me AG will always be No. 1. :tup:

3. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I give it to neither gates is a beast ,what would his stats be if he was pretty much the only person getting the ball like gonzo did,we spread te ball around so much and he still will shater gonz records at this rate as for witten i argue wit my friend a cowgirls fan and tell him witten cant hang with 85

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Witten is top 3 I agree, but not No. 2 imo. I mean, if he was a Charger I'd say otherwise but all 3 are great players. You can put Heap, Clark and others on that list. I wouldn't put Kellen II on the list since he's a d*ck and really overhyped imo.

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    All I need to know about Gates that proves to me he's #1 is that despite whatever injury he may have holding him back, he digs deep and gets the job done. He's a stud. Just watch the Colts game where he has multiple plays hanging off of him and he still gets the 1st down-even with a high ankle sprain.

Plus, have you ever seen anyone else pluck the ball form the air with a single hand like he does? Not catching it, literally grabbing it out of the air like "oh, hey look a football flying by" *yoink* I haven't that I can recall - it's pure awesomeness to behold :yes:

6. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    TRUE , and if it was my choice which i already got denied from the mrs.megold my sons"due 10-6 name would be "Gates" i was really goin to go for it but benjamin it is goin to be gates goldhaber i thought had a great ring to it