1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility of sitting starters?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Dec 23, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,466
    I have an interesting question for you guys.

Seeing as we will know the result of the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game, and Indy/Houston game before the start time of our game in Seattle this week.
    If we are lucky enough to see both Baltimore and Indy lose will Marty start resting some key players? Or at least rotate players in and out more often?

I think we should spell a lot of players, like spilt game time 50/50 with ALL of the players. I dont like sitting guys down for the whole game.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    They'd still need to win to clinch home field advantage throughout.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Which starters, the ones who filled in while the starters were hurt, or the starters who spent half the season healing, and need the playing time to get ready.

4. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Just Seattle (@ Seattle) and Arizona to go.

Seattle has done a decent job at home (5-2) so far. Tough to rest starters when trying to clinch home field. Providing you win there you can at least rest some starters for the Cards game.

No need to blow any home field advantage for the playoffs.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Too soon to start resting people. Marty has said he's more worried about maintaining momentum than resting people.

If we clinch on Sunday, I think you'll see alot of the walking wounded get rest against AZ. But everyone else will play.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hey dude your boy VJ has really stepped up so pass the salt and pepper for this crow.

Nice job. :tup: :helm1: