1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

possible implications of pats cheating for years

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Feb 1, 2008.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    MY guess is the nfl trys to cover this up but fast. IF there is some very dirty laundry with the pats this could blow up big time in the face of some very so called important nfl people..

POSTED 12:29 p.m. EST, February 1, 2008

MEET MATT WALSH

Buried in the Friday New York Times article regarding the desire of Senator Arlen Specter are the first on-the-record comments regarding Spygate from Matt Walsh.

Who's Matt Walsh, you ask? He was an employee of the New England Patriots from 1996 through 2003, spending most of his time there in the video department.

Matt Walsh is now an assistant golf pro in Hawaii. And the Times sent a reporter all the way there to interview him.

As talk goes among some of the folks we know in the NFL media, Walsh knows something. Something big.

We're not reporting at this time that Walsh knows anything. But we know for a fact that multiple members of the media were chasing Walsh in the wake of Spygate, trying to get him to talk on the record about what he knows. One came fairly close, but it ultimately didn't happen.

Why? Because Walsh is scared. And rightfully so. He's scared of getting sued into Mike Tyson-style bolivian.

"After speaking to my lawyers and whatnot, I can't really talk to you about anything," Walsh told the Times. "And I can't show you anything. If someone wanted me to talk and tell them things, I would craft an agreement where they would agree from now until the end of my existence to pay for any legal fees that came up in regards to this, whether I'm sued by the Patriots, the [NFL], anybody else."

Wow.

Folks, guys don't say things like that when they don't know anything, or when they don't think that what they know is important.

And though we don't know what Walsh knows, we know what a couple of writers think that he knows. If they're right, and if Walsh talks, it could have huge ramifications.

We know that our bread is partially buttered by the NFL, and we appreciate the relationship. But every owner, G.M., coach, and player is a steward of a game that hopefully will continue for centuries after we're all gone. So we're committed to holding today's stewards of the game accountable for their actions, even if it makes said stewards of the game upset with us. One way or another, Walsh needs to have a forum to tell what he knows. He might collapse like a wet ******* under cross examination, or his story might be flimsier than a kite made out of Kleenex. But this guy has a story to tell, and it needs to be heard.

"If I ever got brought in for a deposition or something, then I would just face the whole gauntlet of questions," Walsh said. "There would be things I'd be forced to answer that some people haven't taken responsibility for."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...This is why I got pissed when the NFL destroyed the evidence handed over to them by the cheaters. It doesn't take a genious to figure something's wrong when a team that always seemed outmanned manages to win more games than they should. Belichick managed to accomplish nothing in Cleveland but all of a sudden develops a juggernaut despite the salary cap and other equalizers.

It's not like the rest of the league utilizes a bunch of inept coaches while the Patriots have the only capable ones. Something is wrong and has been for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
  4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yep. I would guess that the NFL saw something that related to their SB wins and said "Oh ****. This would really fuk things up".

Cover Up.....

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Thats what it sounds like. Now will the nfl or pats pay the guy off to hush up. Hopefully spector will make him tell what he knows. And hopefully he'll tell it fast with witnesses before the nfl or pats whack him.

6. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I guess we have the option of using our strength in numbers by not purchasing the product....Is there a 12 step program for football fans?

This whole "Cover It Up" mentality is the wrong approach. Football stands for all that is supposed to be right. Honor, sportsmanship, hard work, perserverance, teamwork, and really sophisticated vidio stuff?

They need to come clean and take what's due. Just like Ricky Williams. Just like Shaun Merriman.

If found guilty, I say dissolve the organization called the Patriots and ban all those directly involved from the NFL for life. Do this now and open a position in the town who bids the highest to start a new team under a new name. Kraft just lost his payday.

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the nfl would be smart to come clean with this. Sure they're trying to protect the last few years that the pats seemed to win the super bowls.

To me as a fan Its really better the nfl comes clean and admits the pats were cheating very badly the last few years. TAke their super bowls away. Kick Kraft and bellycheat out of the league forever. Huge mess and controversy. But at least the sport could regain some authenticity. Otherwise I'll always think i'm just watching the bullsheet big time wrestling on t.v.. Totally fixed games. As a fan I'd quit being a fan.

I doubt the nfl will do that though. They'll try and cover everything up. And probably get away with it cause the usa legal system is a joke.

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    nfl is has to cover it up cause anything bigger then recording the jets would kill the game, Pats got caught and still are 18-0 so who cares, time of move on from spygate

9. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    And the implications when it comes out later on in say, 5 years? Look at baseball. I gave up on it as a serious sport as a result of the third strike and the steroid issues.

They need to come clean now or loose face and be reduced to a semi serious sport when it comes to light in a few years.

Now for the tangent......

In the bigger picture, think of our national security. How are the other people around the world going to view the USA if they cannot live by the standards they tout as making them so great.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    If we were fans of the Eagles or Panthers, I think you might be singing a different tune.

Remember, those teams lost the SB by 3 points. That is very close, so having and "Edge" (Knowing the Defensive calls in the 2nd half) in those game could have easily changed the outcome of either of those games.

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    You mean good old American justice? Damn dude raw but I like it. :bolt:

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is a classic example of "The Smoking Gun" at work.

The statement made by Matt Walsh is the same **** that had to fly out of my mouth almost 20 years ago. I had private investigators that tracked me down, then in turn served me a subpoena to testify in a $1/2 billion Class Action Lawsuit (strict liability ****) but before I would say anything, I had a series of secret meetings with both sides of the litigating table (I had no legal representation at the time as well) and had them agree to ALL OF MY LEGAL FEES 100%.

I also had everyone sign a Hold Harmless Agreement against me for as long as I lived or against any of my family.

I was also checking to see if anyone had tampered with my vehicle prior to leaving work everyday (yeah it was that bad). :icon_eek:

He is better off keeping his mouth shut or having someone agree to pay his legal fees 100%.

I know one dude who will not come calling to pay those fees.

Roger Goodell.

Ya think?

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They would be wise to pay him hush money. I was offered hush money and I told them to go fuc themselves.

The other side of the litigating table made the same offer to me as well but to talk and I told them to go fuc themselves as well.

I threw out a lot of FU's that week. :lol:

This dude is in a lot of trouble and he does not realize it.

Mark my word if he does not succumb to some mysterious drowning or freak accident and death.

If anyone thinks I am joking, when you have BILLIONS involved and ONE SMOKING GUN - get rid of the gun. :yes:

It is cheaper.

Pretty fuc't eh?

Watch.

14. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

That's actually not so crazy a scenario.

Look at Enron execs

Those that have wronged the Clintons

Etc etc.

:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    If I were the NFL, I'd clip him.

Problem solved. Back to making money.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It is not crazy as you said because I have - well put it this way, it happens all the time. :yes:

Del Dios Highway recently saw a CEO get clipped over a few hundred thousand dollars... because of stucco work :yes:

I saw an associate of mine get his jaw broken over $1/4 million while on the job (the fuc'er deserved it as well) and he was a VP :lol:

**** happens. :icon_eek:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yup.

What could potentially come out of his mouth would just about ruin the integrity of the sport and that is billions if not trillions of dollars over the long haul and one life is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Dude is nothing.

Matt Walsh aka "Dead Man Walking" better get some life insurance before no one will touch his sorry asss. :yes:

18. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Well obviously he's no longer "hiding" in Hawaii pursuing his professional golf career. :lol:

Dude is so fuced. :yes: :lol: :missing:

19. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Seriously, the dude is a fuqin RETARD for even trying to make this an issue. The book I am sure he has planned is going to be nipped in the bud faster than you can say "accidental death".

Money is the true karma when it comes to this type of ****.

The guy is a moron and will prove Darwin right before it's all said and done. C-ya, dummy.

"He lost control of his vehicle on the road to Hana..." :yes:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The CEO who got clipped on Del Dios Highway (windy *** road) "lost control of his vehicle as well".

That was the "official" press release.

I would be making a video tape of what I know, put it in a safe deposit box and leave the key with a SECRET attorney.

I have done it before but it was BetaMax tapes back then. :lol:

If he does not do this at a MINIMUM, he will be way fuc't.

This is his only leverage, the way I see it.

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm worried for walsh's family as well. I'm guessing thats probably how the nfl and pats can shut him up by threatening his family.

This is no little thing. Has the nfl purposely tried pushing this under the rug to save face. And if the truth were to come out would the pats be in jeopardy of showing they've cheated in their super bowl years. Huge ramifications with this.

I don't think walsh will be able to tell the true story cause bad things could happen to him or his family if he did. Too much money at stake here. Sad but true. Very sad.

22. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The Chargers need to get down and dirty with one more hustle for the puzzle just like SF, Dallas, Denver and NE have.

AJ needs to put some fucers on the payroll. :yes: :bolt:

23. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Foobs, I am from the school that the guy had no problem cashing those checks with Kraft's siggy on them, therefor he can KMA as well. This guy has his own agenda as well.

His comments regarding the whole mess are just sloppy and stupid. He doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. My guess is that he is veiling some serious blackmail threats to the Pats through the media.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    sounds like he's opened up pandoras box.

ON one side I'd like for him to tell what he knows. ON the other side I'm guessing he'd be in big trouble so I can understand that he'd plead no comprende. I couldn't tell the truth in this case if I knew what he knew. As much as my family bothers me sometimes I'd hate for them to be put in harms way. I don't know how the nfl or pats could let him off without repercussions if he spills the beans. Three super bowls and the media love for so many years of the pats. If that came crashing down the nfl wouldn't look as clean as some think it is. What folks don't realize is these owners of the nfl aren't then nicest guys in the world. Alot of hook and crook in almost every one of them. Which is just the way america is.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Guess he is veiling blackmail ?

Are you kidding ?

This is about as obvious as it gets.

It can be no plainer the guy has something to say which is huge and he did not get enough or any hush money and just a boot in the *** on the way out. The dude is bitter. His name was smeared to a degree.

He wants "something something" of course and he is about to get it.

I am just wondering if this calls for the Ouiji board ?

26. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    "Guess" was the wrong choice of words. I agree with you a million percent on this one.

27. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    You might have hit the nail on the head with this.

Now the problem is though. If spector wants him to tell the truth. How does he get out of that. Spector might have other collaborators that know things. Walsh could be in truouble if he doesn't tell the truth.

I really feel bad for all involved with this. There could be bad repercussions all around from this. Though it might clean up sports somewhat.

I'm hoping cooler heads prevail and theres a happy medium that comes out of this where everyone looks good in the end. And we fans will all believe it. har, har. But at least not that many people will be hurt from it.

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If his lawyers have any brains they have already deposed him under oath, with that info protected by privilege. They should also have the evidence they need for "insurance". It would seem to me that the folks who handle the massive betting on the NFL would want to keep this guy breathing and healthy to get this out in the open and assure future bettors that things will be on the up and up once this is sorted out.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Fortune companies do not attain that status by playing "by the rules".

The one other thing, other than the video tape suggestion I had for the dude is to never - ever - lose sight of his integrity and never compromise it for any son of a biitch.

The second Fortune 10 Company I worked for out of the three which employed me in my corporate america career prior to embarking on my own, had me in the presidents office telling him "My company loyalty and personal integrity are at odds boss"

He replied "you need to do what is right" (reads tow the company line) and I told him "I will not lie for you or anyone".

I was issued my walking papers within two weeks (nice professional severance package - one month pay for each year service plus a bonus etc).

Then the private investigators were given $10k to come find Trumpet_Man - The Smoking Gun because I knew too much. They wanted my testimony - bad - real bad. Godddamm attorneys were getting tanner before my eyes because they knew I was about to make them filthy rich. The fuc'ers - I love them and hate them. :lol:

Anyway -

Some hot shot attorney will hopefully see the flare this dude just shot up in the air and look to maybe make a name for himself vs. the NFL.

Yup.