1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Thanksgiving Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thread_Killer, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    * Why did AJ Smith release Wes Welker? :lol:

* Detroit really sucks ***.

* Hey Leisure, I hope you weren’t taking a piss when BMW caught that 7-yard pass. Who would’ve figured that would be his only contribution for the entire game? :icon_shrug:

:icon_rofl:

* And speaking of players who induce chubbies from bolttalk posters, how about Cleo Lemon getting his first NFL snap? For some reason, I thought of Trumpie and started laughing uncontrollably. :lol:

* I can’t be the only one who would love to punch Tony Romo in the face. What’s up with that stupid cocky smile that he always has? And did you guys see that gay montage of Romo grinning all the time, set to that even gayer James Taylor song? First Matilack, and now an NFL telecast goes Oxygen Channel on us; the pussification of America continues… :no:

* That said, Romo looks really good. But I can’t stand the guy so that’s all I’m saying about THAT.

* The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are actually UNDERrated. They have the sexiest uniforms BY FAR, and no squad has hotter women. Wow. :icon_eek:

* Tamp Bay really sucks ***.

* As luck would have it, the house I was at had the NFL Channel, so I got to watch Chiefs-Broncos. Hate to say it, but I thought Bryant Gumbel was excellent, especially for somebody who has never done play-by-play. Gumbel and Collinsworth might be my favorite broadcast team.

* Man, the way Shanahan was jawing at “Bad Jake” on the sidelines, there is NO WAY that Shanny stays with Plummer next week. As a Charger fan, I actually wanted Denver to win, since the Broncos with Plummer under center don’t scare me, but KC with momentum and confidence TOTALLY scares me.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a good day. It was cool to have three NFL games instead of two this year. :yes:

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    KC didn't look that great IMO the Broncos just played horrible.

Collinsworth sucks ***.

My mom cooks WAY better than my mother-n-law. :yes:

I hope we pound the Raiders and leave no doubt in their minds who daddy is; glad to hear Shaun Phillips is feeling better as well. :bolt:

Broncos suck and they are dying a slow death. Cutler will not save that tired team.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    :icon_evil: I never get to see thanksgiving day games :no:

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Thanks for the rant Daddy.

I think that KC has Big Mo as well but they will be hard pressed to beat us at home.

Romo is a douchebag.

Lemon is the third string QB for a reason.

Welker rocks. If we kept him I wonder what we would've used the sproles draft pick for.

Cutler could be good but not on the road in his first start against our pass rush (Merriman & Castillo!!!!) with no running attack.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    1.NFL Network is wonderful but when you can't watch it because your cable company and the NFL are having a pissing contest, the only people who lose are fans
    2. Detroit sucks and tis time to remove them from the t-day mantle
    3. Miami is either really good or they're just playing crappy teams really well
    4. Tampa is an absolute disaster. People need to seriously rethink if Gruden's a good head coach.
    5. I'd now be worried about the Chiefs; we'd have to stop LJ or get so far ahead that the Chiefs would be forced to abandon the running game. And lets face it, we haven't been able to stop Johnson recently.

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    There is no better time of the year to pull out the "Man Card" then when the feast is over, and the first dishes start making their way back to the sink. The Man Card gets us to the couch while our women clean the ungodly amount of dishes that accumulate over the course of dinner. I like not being a part of that.

The third game rocked. Two is never enough.

Cutler isn't going to do squat, and I don't think that he will be an upgrade over Jake. Not this year. Rookies have only come in and kicked *** twice in the history of the league (Marino and Big Ben). If The Rat does make the switch, he is kissing the Playoffs goodbye.

I love Romo, but that is because he is the QB for both of my fantasy teams. 300+ yards and 5 TDs?!? Are you kidding me? And you wonder why he has a cocky smile on his face? The dude is boning Jessica Simpson!!!!!

I am so glad that Herm Edwards is not our coach.

Turkey sandwiches make a perfectly good breakfast.

7. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    unlucky mate, even i get to watch Thanksgiving Football

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    My wife made the best home made blueberry pie I ever tasted....

Ohhh football thoughts?

The pie went well with watchng the Browncos lose!

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I'd also like to say that Detroit reallysucks and that mimosas made with day old champagne and left over crab dip is not too bad of a breakfast.:tup:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Gumbel sucks ***. Did anyone else think he sounded like he'd just sucked helium before every play? I kept waiting for him to mention the Lollipop guild.

Trent Green is not playing that well, but the KC running attack really broke Denver's back last night.

Is there anyone other than Shanarat that actually thought Plummer would react well to the drafting of Cutler?