1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pray for Jammer vs STL

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by curtisboltfan, Oct 27, 2006.

1. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I am shaking over the fact that Jammer will be going against Holt. In no way is jammer capable of doing so. This is looking like it will be a long day. Qj better get some over the top help or this game might be 70-63 bolts! I also think the Xfactor will be Kevin Curtis. Quentin is on his last leg with me as well as alot of fans out there, he BETTER step it up.:icon_evil:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He's only on "his last legs" to unknowledge fans.... :icon_evil:

3. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Great coverage against Kc! We all know about the pass rush and how it directly corilates to db coverage but this guy just simply has not lived up to his potential. He has done a fine job this year but after seeing the same ol' Jammer last sunday this game freaks me out.

4. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I'm sure Wade will give alot of help to Jammer with various cover 2 and cover 3 defenses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    God i hope!:bolt:

6. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The entire defense was out of sync versus KC. Why single out Jammer?

7. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    the eddie kennison td was typical Jammer, kennisons route was not that hard to defend, it looked like it started as a fade but turned into a post with nothing that resembled a great wr running a great route. And i single him out cause of his undeniable past.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I believe the last time we played the Rams (couple years back) Bruce burned Jammer on the sideline. Jammer had him step for step but dove at the ball which Bruce tipped to himself along to sideline for a long game (maybe even a TD I don't recall). I think it was QJs second year and hopefully he's learned something since then...

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    You mean the one in the first quarter where Jammer released him to the safety as part of the Cover 2?

It was the safety's responsibility to pick up Kennison but he didn't.

When Jammer found out that the safety wasn't there, he ran back as best he could.

After that, how many catches did Kennison have? One, for 9 yards.

Jammer pretty much shut down Kennison after that, for the rest of the game. If Kennison had gotten 7 catches for 100 yards, your argument would hold water.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I wouldn't be surprised if Holt did get 6 or 7 catches for 120 yards. He's been making pretty much EVERY CB look silly for about 7 seasons now.

That includes the ones people consider "elite" like DeAngelo Hall, Ty Law, Champ Bailey, etc.

11. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    slug, you do have a good point however, im basically going off of QJ's past he has not lived up to a #5 first rounder nor has he played at an "elite" level like alot of people try to classify him as. Holt is arguably the best WR out there today and does play in a horrible division. I just hope wade gives Q alot of help or he WILL get eaten alive. Im guessing holt get 9 rec. for 130+ yds and only 1 td but at the same time im pullin for q to "shut" him down, just don't see it happening.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    That was painful.... but lucky. Holt will definitely score a TD this week.... he does almost every week. Jammer is only a bust if you think that drafting a guy #5 overall means they have to be elite at their position. Jammer is a solid CB, but nothing spectacular. I dont really consider him a bust.... just slightly above average.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm thinking the secondary has a better day than what happened in Arrowhead.

Yes, the Rams offense is better, but our defense doesn't seem to put up two bad games in a row.

Nevertheless, Bulger and Holt are as good as Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. So, if Holt "burns" our secondary for 120 yards, and a TD, I'm not going to be really upset.

Where I'm really going to be pizzed is if Steven Jackson gets 150 yards on us. Our run defense is our bread and butter, and we took a downturn with injuries last week. Hopefully we'll do better and turn the Rams into a one-dimensional pass-only team. That will allow Wade to run nickel and dime coverage most of the game while our guys can hopefully pressure Bulger into making a few mistakes, of which Marc has only done once or twice this year.

14. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    this is all im trying to say that q is a SLIGHTLY above average cb

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Hey I've been thinkin the same comin into this game... Mind you I was shittin myself goin to Indy last year and look how that turned out. It all comes down to the pass rush, they really need to mix it up and get serious heat on Bulger else our Secondary hasn't got a prayer.

For me Jammer has underachieved as a No. 5 pick that is not to say he has been a bust, he's been an above average performer and hopefully can only get better with experience. That Kennison TD last week showed me same old Jam but I will defer to better judgement as to whether or not Safety should have bailed him out. Some corners in this league don't need safety help mind you. I mean Eddie Kennison come on we're not talkin Steve Smith or Larry Fitz here!.

16. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Since Isaac Bruce is on the downswing, he can pretty much be covered by D'Flo.

I think Wade has Cromartie team up with QJ to double Holt.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    this will be a nice test for him but yeah I'm agreeing with Slug that this is one of maybe two occurances (the other i'm thinking might be Chad Johnson).

But QJ did hold Marvin Harrison to under 100yds, he could do it again

18. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Jammer will be up to the task this week. He'll give up some catches underneath, but he will not give up a TD catch. Watch:yes: and see!

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, this is how he plays better wr's. He spots them the 10 yards and keeps them in check. The worrysome part is the quick out, where he can get burned in the open field when he rushes in to make the tackle. I think Moss got him in week one and it's happened some other times. :unsure: I am praying though anyway.

Football gods, hear my prayers:icon_bow:

• Like Like x 1
  20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Jammer seems to play better against the best WRs. He holds his own against guys like Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss, but for some reason Eddie Kennison seems to have his number.

Kennison only had 2 catches last week. Unfortunately, one of them was for 21 yards and a TD.

Jammer's been solid this year. He's given up a TD catch each of the past two weeks, but that's all he's surrendered for the season. It wasn't really the cornerbacks that hurt us last week as much as it was the safeties and the LBs, who just couldn't cover TG.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't know which KC game you guys were watching, but the one I saw had Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson dismantling the Bolts, not Eddie Effin' Kennison.

Give me a break. Jammer has been an excellent corner for two years running.

22. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    mediocre last year, good this yr.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Name me one CB that went through his entire career and never gave up a TD or a long pass. I mean in the modern present day football.:bolt:

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah no ****.

Jammer is off to his best start yet I read this crap.

Dude shuts his side of the field down and yet gets nada for respect.

Brilliant - NOT.

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Lets see if SanDiegoRon (SDR) chimes in on this one?

He has been on Jammers *** from "jump street" as Merriman would say yet says nothing about his biitchin start this year.....

Nut up SDR. :icon_shrug:

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Trumpie, these are the true student's of the game, hell they know everything. Shut down means no passes completed ever!!!! get real kid's. :bolt:

27. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    there is no such thing as a shut down corner, "KID". qj HAS BEEN PLAYING GREAT THIS YEAR BUT HIS PAST YEARS HAVE BEEN MEDIOCRE at best. "true students of the game"- nice bro!:tdown:

28. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    ever seen jammer when the ball is in the air and he's in coverage? His eyes are glued to the reciever NOT the ball, resulting in a classic jammer P.I. I hope he proves me wrong this sunday or else i'll be all over this thread.:icon_wink: no need for any turds to start jumping to conclusions about others knowledge of the game, fuggin fuugs.

29. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    HOw many PI penalties does QJ have this season? QJ has been doing a much better job of playing the ball the last two seasons. Yet people still act like he can't turn his head. :icon_shrug:

30. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    read my posts i already said that he's been having a great year SO FAR.:tup: