1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers for the best Cowboy fan at BoltTalk.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hey all, I just found out that Deb has been feeling poorly of late, and has had to go to the hospital (not sure how long or anything else).

Lets send her well wishes and prayers BoltTalk style.

Deb get better, my families prayers are with you.

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Paryers for the best Cowboy fan at BoltTalk.

Don't know Deb, but, I know that I'm wishing her the best and I hope she feels better soon.

3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842

Oh, gosh, so sorry Deb is feeling poorly.:unsure:

I hope she feels better real soon.

I will go over to CP and see how I can help.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

Sorry to hear that; headin overta CP myself!!

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

Damn, now that I think of it, she complained the other night of circulation probs in her legs. :icon_eek: :unsure:

6. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703

Any news on Deb? My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Hope she gets better fast.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807

Haven't had a pleasure of meeting you Deb, but get well soon!!!!!!

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

Get better soon Deb My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

She needs prayers?

Is it that bad? Man i hope not!

Get well soon Deb :yes:

11. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703

I hope not too BJ!
    I wish we could get an update on her condition. She is such a sweetheart.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255

Went to work on Saturday and had trouble breathing..someone took my BP and it was 200/120 which is danger level. So went to the emergency, they kept me there for six hours, gave me two nitros, admitted me. Monitored me, really wasn't sure if I was gonna come home but they let me last nite. Still got a lot of work today, gotta do an echo whenever they call, Have to learn to eat all over again....Thanks Toby and Rexy for keeping me company in the hospital. It helped a lot. It was a wake up call, some people don't get those at all, so really going to start over with life today. They put me on two prescriptions for BP and told me to get a blood pressure machine and take it every morning and every nite from now on.

I will keep you posted if I find out what is causing it.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

Listen to your body, Darlin. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Deb, I hope you get better fast, we miss you around here. And until then you are in my thoughts and my prayers!!!!!

15. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Thanks for your prayers and your thoughts. It really means a lot. Got a lot of tests this week I will keep you guys posted.

16. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Kinda funny but sometimes you really don't realize how sick you are, till you aren't anymore. I had probably had hypertension for 6-8 months and didn't know. Always had a lot of migraines though.....just a few days...I feel like I am coming out of the dark. Gotta learn to eat all over again....get in a cardiovascular exercise program...got a stress test wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Glad to read you are doing better Deb. You'd better be feeling better, you have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Deb,
    I am so happy to see that you are out of the hospital and posting updates. Hypertension is a weird thing....some call it the silent killer as you may not have any symptoms. Sometimes another health issue gets you into the doc and it is discovered. That is what happened to me August of 2007. I went to the Immediate Care Center in my area after tripping over my son's size 14 shoes and slamming into my kitchen table. The pain in my rib area the next morning was excruciating! Went to ICC and my BP was 190/110. Turned out to be bruised ribs and I was given Vicodin. Went to a follow up with my primary doc and BP was still pretty high. Doc put me on Lisinopril 10 mg. and Celexa mg. for anxiety. I cut down my sodium input a whole hella lot and started riding a stationary bike starting at 10 minutes and working my way up. At my next appt. (one month later) my BP was I believe 121/74! You can do it girl!:yes::yes::yes:

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Funny you should mention that. I was in training to be a Special Forces Medic back in '78 and we were taking each other's BP for testing purposes. The student kept reporting my BP's as 150's over 100's. The instructor confirmed that and sent me to the dr that was teaching our course. He took away all salad dressings and made me eat rabbit food for 2 weeks, and the BP came down.

But as I got older, I became more hypertensive, so I've been on Lisinopril for acuppola years now, and my BP is a very healthy 112/72 now.

20. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Seriously, Deb, I am glad you're taking this as the warning it was meant to be. I've had HTN for 20 years, am on multiple meds, and I've had a couple of hypertensive crises where my BP went crazy (260/130 at one point) and I wound up a patient in my own hospital.:no: Now I'm 50 and have the body of a 70-year-old---neuropathy in one foot, kidneys aren't functioning as well as they should, poor circulation etc. just because I didn't take good care of myself when I was younger.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Do take care, and keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    wow Chelsea thanks for posting that. It helped. Yeah it is the silent killer. Hopefully it will all help someone else. Kinda funny cuz have had headaches all my life, but haven't had one since I have been on the BP stuff. They put me on diovan and metoprolol

thank you Carrie and everyone

• Like Like x 1
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Deb, heed this Lady!! :yes:

BTW LG, is diabetes an issue here??

23. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    WOW! That is a great BP reading Toby....112/72. Good for you! Did you change your diet at all? I know I became very aware of sodium content in the foods that I buy. I am a major salt freak. I used to pour TONS of salt on everything I ate. Once I started checking the starting sodium content of say tomato sauce....I started buying the no sodium sauce. I also found a good Kosher Salt (Diamond brand) that is way lower than any other salt on the market. My top number has always been high when taken in a doc office. I will admit that I am a freak when it comes to going to any medical facility. My hands and bottom of my feet start SWEATING! Plus I hate that BP cuff....creeps me out! LOL! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    LG~ Sometimes I think we just push ourselves and think we're gonna live forever.

25. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    You are so welcome Deb! I hope I lifted up your spirits a bit.:yes: I have not experienced a lot of headaches in my life but I wonder if the meds you are on are vaso-dialators? If they are, that might be why you are not having headaches anymore. That might be a good question for LG or Carrie.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I use Sea Salt fairly exclusively now, and Carrie's been brow beating me about diet stuff; my goddamn PM box is fulla stuff from ner about some diet advisor ******* :rolleyes2:

That's BS, cuz I know she and LG care about my health, and me, and I try to watch what I eat.

So keep'em coming Carrie!! :yes: :tup:

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Ten foot tall and bullet-proof!! :yes:

28. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    that's cuz you are loved.

You did raise my spirits chelsea and would love to hear any diet tips/ideas. That's one thing I have to do today. Figure that all out.

29. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

I have Neuropathy in both my Feet.

I have been working around Aviation Fuel for 25 Years now, there is a Chemical Called Hexane in it, and it attacks the Nervous System. I do not have to fix Fuel Leaks anymore.

30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hay, all of you guys that want to learn about a diet to help lower your BP?

Do you want me to PM you information on the DASH diet. It's Dietary Actions to Stop Hypertension?

It's a good start if you're looking to make some major dietary changes. It's been successful in helping people lose weight, lower their BP and cholesterol levels.