1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre Draft standings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So I wanted to get everyones take. Things have settled a bit at Chargers park, we now have a complete coaching staff. So do you consider the team to be in a better, worse or smae position as it was this time last year? Why?

I think we are about the same. I have some questions about the coaches, but whithout the Brees Drama, and the Edwards/AJ sparring matches I think the players themselves are jelling nicely. For example the part LT and LoNeal played in keeping Dielman. I think that will pay dividends next season...

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Thank you for your deep insightful post. I can see the time you took in considering your responce...

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    We are status quo right now. Hell, that's the whole reason we hired Turner to be HC--because gawd believes status quo should have won us the SB this year.

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Of course we're better. All our young studs have another year under their belts. Rivers, Merriman, Phillips, Castillo, Jackson etc.
    Phillips, Neal, Dielman, Hardwick, Olivea and probably others I'm forgetting have all been locked up long-term since last offseason.

The coaching changes are overemphasized by the fans. Norv will do a nice job with the offense. Cottrell will keep the defense humming, and the players are going to dominate.

5. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    i couldnt have said it any better.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would say the status quo is the same. The schemes are the same and so are the players basically.

If A.J. gets us a right tackle worth a plug phuc, then maybe we could be dominant.

Igor needs to shine this year because I am starting to sit on the fence post with the brother. His contract is coming up as well. Check out his contract and by my read, this dudes contract expires 2008-2009 season. 2007 is a year to shine or fall by the wayside for his last year to get a shot at the golden goose.

Igor Olshansky: 6-Year deal thru 2009-2010 season worth 4.515M signed in July 2004- + he receives a 2.25M signing bonus and base salaries of 230K in 2004, 305K in 2005, 450K in 2006, 525K in 2007, 600K in 2008 and 675K in 2009- + the deal can be reduced to 5 years if he takes 15% of defensive snaps in 2004 or 30% of snaps between years 2 and 5 of his contract- + with bonuses he earned total salaries of: 2.565M in 2004 Agent: Leigh Steinberg

7. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    :tup:

the team should be better just on extra experience, especially Rivers.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    And I completely forgot that we have Marcus McNeill and a healthy Oben this year instead of Leander Jordan and a gimpy Oben.

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Also Igor was out for a few games along with Castillo. Igor does a good job considering the defensive formation and the calibre of players he is with. Hard to compete when you have many of the top defensive players in the NFL.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    For better or worse, we are married to Norv Turner.

Shiiiiiiiit... who the f\/ck knows how this team is gonna respond?

I don't know what makes me more nervous. Waiting for my firstborn to arrive this month... or waiting for kickoff in September. :icon_shrug:

To be continued...

11. Hawaiian SuperCharger

Hawaiian SuperCharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

Agreed. The team has an extra year under its belt and they now know how stupid mistakes will kill your play-off run to the Superbowl. I don't think stupidity will hold us back this year! Go Bolts!

:yes:

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I think we're in a better position right now. We've developed some players. We know McNeil is a friggin monster. We're getting a better feel from Cro. To hell with Kiel and Donnie and laters to Foley. We've weeded out the crap and look stronger. And we haven't even got to the draft yet. We haven't paid out of our asses in FA. This team has hardly anything left to do but keep getting stronger. Compared to a lot of other teams, we're miles ahead.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The smae!! :icon_eek: :yes: :icon_rofl: