1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Predictability

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    As I sat watching the game, I figured out fairly early that we were going to run almost every first down. If my dumb *** can figure it out, I'm guessing a highly paid defensive coordinator is figuring it out.

So when I got home, just to see how bad it was, I looked it up. Subtracting the last two minutes of each half when we were in hurry up mode and wouldn't be running, here's our first down play calling

1st half - 8 runs, 3 passes
    2nd half - 9 runs, 2 passes

So, for the game, minus the last two minutes of each half, we called 17 runs on first down, and 5 passes, for about 77%.

I won't go so far as to start calling for the firing of the coaches just yet, but dudes, mix it the **** up a little bit, eh?

2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I think nearly all of us were saying that .....

Why? Why isn't Rivers checking out to a slant? Why not run a first down screen?

Baffling ....bad.

I blame Clinton Hart.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Simms even figured it out. He said we should try play action on first down the way that the linebackers attacked us. Defensive predictibility was even worse.