1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Preseason-Game Day! Cowpokies Ride Into Town vs. Bolts!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Both?

EDIT: The defense had moments and definitely made stops, but at the same time there were times where the pokes seemed to just be running over us. Their passing game was never really able to get going though.

I wasn't super impressed with out D, but I am optimistic than when everyone's back, it'll be a lot better than it looked tonight.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +223
    Will it's obvious, if the defense ever decides to play to the offense's level. Chargers will be Super Bowl Champions. It's way too early to tell but it was disappointment watching them out there.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Did Ghee see much action last nite? howd he look?

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Good to hear... did I see Acee mention that Palepoi might be better than him?

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    What does he mean 'made team'?, he's saying Inman will be in 53?

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    Might have been his best pass of his career.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    That pass was a thing of beauty. So glad CBJ is gone, he would have NEVER made that throw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I didn't get to view much of this game but what I seen early on was the defense looked defenseless again. Decent Bolt opening drive, perhaps a bit sloppy but melted vanilla tends to be that way.

Can't really put to much stock in this first game as all these guys are just rounding into football shape. The upgrade in team speed was definitely noticeable both offensively and on the defense.

Injuries are always my main concern with the bolts, always seems like they get decimated through the pre-season and early stages of the regular season. Hopefully the second year of the new strength and conditioning programs start to show the dividends of all the hard work.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Tackling is my biggest concern - a lot of whiffs and missed tackles at all levels.

That said, overall I was pleased with what I saw - always room for improvement but considering it's the 1st preseason game and lots of starters not in the mix - I like our depth and potential, a lot.

Branden Oliver - love that kid, did the #43 justice for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Fouts and BR Smith made a good point on the broadcast noting that this was the first time many of them had tackled someone since January, so it's not surprising the first game would be a little poor on the tackling side. If it continues into next week there could be a problem.

Offense looked very impressive, defense was getting run on far too much (though Te'o, Ingram and Attaouche looked impressive in small bursts). Most impressive was the run game, didn't matter which back or what OL, everyone went steamrolling over the opposition. Oliver has some great elements of Sproles and Turner's game and it's scary to think what kind of a 4th back/KR he could be.

11. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    Da' Fossil game ball goes to first string offensive line. Opened up some great holes and kept #1/#2 QB uniforms clean. Biggest eye opener Donald Brown. Just wow.