1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Preseason in AZ tailgate?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MONDO., Aug 3, 2009.

1. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Hey I am sure there's power in numbers and I will be rolling out to the chargers/cards preseason; Is anyone else?

I haven't been out to the stadium do people tailgate on 142 degree pavement? Does look to be an awesome stadium can't wait to go out there and piss on it. Oh AZ sucks its on go Chargers!!!

:bolt:

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    you are in for a treat... I went to the last preseason Card game - one f'in beautiful stadium to watch football in... not a bad seat... indoors, A/C..... VERY fan friendly...

but yeah, it's hot as hell to tailgate on asphalt... especially if your parking permit is for the BROWN lot... :lol:

bring an easy-up or minimally an umbrella.... and LOTSA water, er... somethin cold...

3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    There is a memeber at Bolt Bunker that lives in AZ and he organizes a Charger Fan tailgate, plus at least one other person so far is going

4. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm going but never been to the new stadium, so any tailgate info would be great - GO GOLTS

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm heading over to check out the stadium and some preseason football. If there is anything going on, I will indeed pop by.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm just going to wait till next season when we play a regular season game there.

7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I like going over to Phoenix, so I'll take any excuse. I'll go next year too.

8. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I was planning on going to this game since it is not too bad of a drive from Albuquerque where I am currently at for work. But that weekend is too close to my wedding anniversery and the wife has her heart set on a Vegas trip. If I can convince her to do both I will be there! :abq2:

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I have a buddy in Phoenix who got a pair of seats for the two of us. I am looking forward to checking out the new stadium. I was at Sun Devil Stadium for the Chargers vs Cardinals season ender in 1998 and I am expecting this to be a thousand times better...their stadium and our Chargers! I will be sporting my powder blue #21 (alternate or throwback...Hmmm?) and if I see a Charger tailgate I will try to swing by and say hello to the Charger faithful braving the heat to represent the Chargers!

Go Chargers!!!! Come on Football season!!!!
    :abq2::abq2::flag::abq2::abq2:

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I was at that same game! Craig Whelihan made Kwame Lassiter look like a hall of famer.

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Ouch!!!...just when I had that part almost blotted out of my memory.

A quick memory from that 1998 Chargers @ Cardinals game...I only saw one person being taken out of that stadium in handcuffs...he was wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey!

• Like Like x 1