1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pricksco at it again, says Cromartie is overrated.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jun 1, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10843371

San Diego Chargers

Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie (Getty Images)
    Overrated: CB Antonio Cromartie. He had a lot of interceptions last season, which earned him a trip to the Pro Bowl, but he had major lapses in coverage at times. He will be a good one, but he's not as good as his reputation yet.

Underrated: DT Ryon Bingham. He had his best season in 2007, which led to the Chargers giving him a contract extension. He started two games last season and can play both nose tackle and end in the 3-4. He's a great backup who could start on some teams.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Not as bad as his prediction that we'd go 7-9 last year, but still the guy doesnt stop to think about how freakishly difficult it actually is to pick off 10 passes in a full season, much less in about half.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Bingham is a scrub but the coaches love him so we are stuck with him. Hasn't done anything noteworthy in the NFL other than get mauled off the LOS and show up 1.5 seconds late to the QB.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "He will be a good one, but he's not as good as his reputation yet."

His reputation? I think it's where it should be right now. His future certainly looks promising and has A LOT of potential to be one of the best. What else should his reputation be? :icon_shrug:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I made a reference to this somewhere in a post when I first saw it. My first though was how stupid the comment was. Upon sober reflection, my second though was how stupid it was.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's Prisco - whadda you expect beside anti-Charger sentiment? :icon_shrug:

I'm embracing the hate as I post. :tup:

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Picking off Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in the playoffs makes me completely agree with Prisco's assessment on this. Right on the money, Pete!

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol: Don't let facts get in the way of a biased opinion Pete!!

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Cro definitely had his lapses and errors in coverage, had his mental errors for sure, but it was his first half year starting and first year really playing cornerback (last year was almost a redshirt year). To call him overrated is nothing but horse crap, and Prisco feels the need to do smack the chargers.

Btw NE; Adalius Thomas isn't overrated, he's an expensive and worthless free agent. You want overrated? Try Randy Moss who couldn't 'take over games' when the playoffs started

10. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Given his limited starting experience in college and the NFL I guess his numbers last year (for about a half year) were not enough to impress everyone. I hope that coaches and players around the league share that opinion and try to keep throwing at him...:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Prisco is a Jacksonville homer and knows nothing about evaluating football players. He's basically a joke and we've known this down south for nearly a decade now.

Ant.......Randy Moss overrated?????????

Man, I'd hate to see who isn't overrated in your book. There is a reason that Wes Welker catches 112 balls, and his name is Randy Moss. Safeties playing 20 yards off the ball open up a lot of things for that offense.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If he's gonna pick on any part of Cro's game he should have went after his tackling ability. I believe this is the only weak spot in the kid's game. If he lays some licks on people early next season, he will leave no doubt as to who is top dog at CB.

I do agree with Prisco on Vince Young, though. He's far from Superstar. He may get there some day, but it's a long road to that destination.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ask Peyton Manning if Cro is over rated... Cro basted him, cooked him up and served him like a Baby Back Beeeotch!:yes:

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He is just some espn blowhard. Let everyone listen to him. The longer Cro stays under the radar, the more teams will try to pass in his direction. Which of course means like 27 int's next season...

15. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Yeah, it's tough to find another!

I'm lucky enough to have both of last January's playoff wins on VHS (without comercials! Woo hoo!), and have watched them often enough to make this observation--

Cro's reactions and hand/eye coordination are the best I've ever seen. One perfect example is Cro's INT of Manning with less than a minute left in the first half. (Yeah, the one with the 89 yard return for a TD called back on a totally bogus flag. That one.)

The pass tips off the receiver's hand at the 15, totally changing the trajectory of the ball. Cro was behind the play, at the 11-- the pass didn't go to the man he was covering-- and in an instant he had to react so that he could track it, adjust his body to the flight of the ball, and get his hands on it.

You've seen the same kind of thing happen dozens of times, and the ball whizzes past the defender downfield, who often doesn't so much as get a hand on it, much less intercept it.

I'm amazed by Cro's reflexes and hands every time I see that play.

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, Cro should just print that up and tape it up in his locker. But yeah, like many of you said, we just embrace the hate. When you're one of the elite, and we are, you'll get the "Haterade" thrown at you from all angles. He's just another Sportswriter trying to fill a magazine or blog. Sportsguys like to "stir up the pot", even if they know they are going to piss people off since they need somebody to debate with. I mean look at Smacksaw. I don't know what that guy is smoking half the time with his biased assessments of the Chargers. He's still bitter from being fired years ago by Dean, and will do or say anything negative he can about the Bolts since controversy creates interest (and ratings). Not sure HOW Pricso can say Cro is overrated, but he is entitled to his opinion, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LMAO, some of you guys ALWAYS get so upset about Prisco.

Posting Prisco crap on the forum is the equivelent of tattle telling. We all know he's a Chargers hating jackass, yet people still seem shocked when he say a bad thing about us.

:lol:

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its the off season. What else we got to post about?:icon_huh:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We gotta blast SOMEbody. We're supposed to be nice to each other. :icon_shrug:

20. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    OK so he did this with every team. He isn't saying that Cro is overrated in general, just that he is the most overrated on the Chargers. If you are going to gripe and complain about it, you have to give an alternative. Nate Kaeding maybe? Choosing a kicker seems like the easy way out. SM should get some consideration I think. Shaun phillips is a much better all around player. (He should be the most underrated player IMO)

So instead of turning this into a gripe fest, put down who is your most Overrated and Underrated Charger