1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Prisco/CBS Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, May 9, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Last year Sports Illustrated had us going 7-9 in their preseason NFL issue. Why? Because Philip Rivers didn't have enough experience.

I don't mind that we're number 3, but it's their reasoning. The coaching changes and chemistry.

Personally I think this is the year that New England is exposed. Their taking desperation measures to try and stay near the top. This could easily backfire on them. The Colts are the Champs, so they deserve their spot, but I still think the Chargers are better than them.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Broncos over Baltimore is a joke. Jacksonville is going to do big things year and I have no idea why people bombed their draft it was outstanding.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Jacksonville's? Yeah it was pretty good

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and The Raiders are still sitting on the bottom!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I think we all are on that same boat as far as having the best team

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    What is up with the Denver jock-swinging? They've done nothing to deserve a top-5 ranking. Any defensive improvements they've made will be rendered moot by Al Wilson's release. That guy was the strength of their middle-defense for years. They have a QB with what... 4 starts under his belt? Their offense is a mish-mash. The o-line is not as good as it once was. Their special teams is average at best. I don't get it. Has any team ever lived so long on past success as Denver? I mean, I can see them ranked somewhere between 7 and 10, but top five? Gimme a break.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Waiting until Prickso predicts the Raiders in the Super Bowl again. :icon_tease: :lol:

2005: Pete Prisco predicted the Randy Moss acquisition would put the Raiders over the top and into the Super Bowl.

2006: Pete Prisco predicted that Daunte Culpepper was the missing piece to the Dolphins and made them a Super Bowl contender.

2007: Pete Prisco predicted that....

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Denver couldn't even beat SF last year at home, with a playoff berth on the line. John Lynch, Rod Smith and other key vets are another year older. Their offensive and defensive lines are still a question mark. They lost Al Wilson. They overpaid for Daniel Graham. Travis Henry is so-so. Top 5 is a joke for Denver. Hell, top 10 is a joke. They should've been ranked around 12.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, Denver is ranked way too high. I am one of the few people who have doubts about Jay Cutler. We'll see.

MTL, I do not concur about Jacksonville. I predict that the Jags and the Jets will take major steps backwards, both going 6-10.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    And another thing, how is chemistry an issue with us but not with New England? We changed a few coaches, but kept the same offensive and defensive systems. We will have, at most, four new starters, and two of them (Willhelm and Cooper) have been on the team for years.

Meanwhile, New England added several free agents and draft picks with character concerns (Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather) that they are expecting to be major contributors to their team.

#3 is the absolute worst anyone in their right mind could rank us, so I don't really give Crisco props for it.

12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    this year belongs to us:tup: :tup:

Also..Team Chemistry is going to be a problem for the Patriots as they have Randy moss

When we play the Pats...look for Jammer to shut Moss down and Brady to get Equanted with both Merriman and the Turf

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    The Jets, just by the nature of their great performance last year, should take a step back

I think jacksonville will be tough because of the additions on defense and Marcedes Lewis getting healthy on offense but that QB situation, they gotta freakin stay healthy

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Jacksonville has the best defense in the league and they have firepower with Maurice Jones Drew and Mike Walker should bring consistency to the WR corps. You say 6-10 I say 10-6

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    because everyone on the east coast drinks the Patriot Kool-Aid
    When they fall apart everyone in SD can give htem a :icon_finger: and a :eek:wned: to all those Media Patriot Hoes

16. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    i'll drive the mob:yes:

17. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Good enough bro. We'll see who is right although I know it will be me. :lol:

18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    you're driving? Oh ****!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

19. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I think Prisco has the Saints ranked right at #7. There are not a fluke, winning their division in 2006 with a strength of schedule that was more formidable than ours was.

Look for New Orleans to continue to be a player in the NFC.

20. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    i'm an ok driver:yes:

I'm not gonna be drunk:unsure: :icon_tease:

21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Sun 9/9 Tennessee 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/16 Atlanta 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/23 at Denver 4:05 pm
    bye
    Sun 10/7 at Kansas City 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/14 Houston 1:00 pm
    Mon 10/22 Indianapolis 8:30 pm
    Sun 10/28 at Tampa Bay 4:05 pm
    Sun 11/4 at New Orleans 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/11 at Tennessee 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/18 San Diego 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/25 Buffalo 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/2 at Indianapolis 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/9 Carolina 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/16 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/23 Oakland 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/30 at Houston 1:00 pm

That looks about right. Bold are wins.

Don't forget they are also going to have a healthy Marcedes Lewis. Their defense is just violent. They helped their special teams out a lot with Adam Podlesh and got some situational pass rush help with Brian Smith. I don't know I just think that Jacksonville had the best draft out of any team. Justin Durant and Clint Ingram are going to be scary playing behind those two manster tackles as they are both fast and violent with good coverage skills. The secondary is one of the best in the league with the addition of Nelson.

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The NFC is junior varsity compared to the AFC.

So, NO is the best JV team in the NFL.

23. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    /Agree
    :yes:

25. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    are you guys really suprized that the donkeys are so high we all know that they own the nfl
    what shocks me is that we are above them :icon_eek:
    but i guess if they woulda done that (put them above us) no one would buy thier bull

26. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Out of your bolded games, I see Jax losing at Denver, Indy, at Tennessee, and at Pittsburgh.

Which adds up to 6-10. :)

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Cutler won't move the ball on their defense, they won't lose twice to Indy, they have Tennessee's number as well as Pitt's and they have improved much more over the offseason than all of these teams.

28. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    But...but....

...their top two QB's are still named Leftwich and Garrard, right? :icon_huh:

29. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    When you have a top defense and top running game, you don't need much out of your quarterback. Leftwich can complete 58-60% of his passes and have a 1.5-1 TD/INT ratio which is fine.

30. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    6-10....

:lol: