1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Prisco: Quarterly awards: Sorry QBs, L.T. deserves MVP honors

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Prisco is on a roll. 1st he gives us #1 ranking and now this. :thumbup:

Dec. 7, 2006
    By Pete Prisco
    CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Quarterbacks make the world go round. At least in my world they do.

That's why I almost always pick a quarterback for MVP in my quarterly reports and at the end of the season. The value of that position is unparalleled -- a good one can cure a team's ills, a bad QB can take one down.

But when picking the MVP for my 3rd-quarter report, I made a quick move reminiscent of the moves of the guy I did pick as quarter MVP.

That player is San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

I first considered Colts quarterback Peyton Manning -- he is the best player in the league -- and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Both are having big-time seasons, but Manning's numbers are down a little and Brees' team is only 8-4.

That brought me back to Tomlinson. Not only are the Chargers tied with the Colts and Bears for the best record in the league at 10-2, but he's having a record-breaking season.

Tomlinson has 26 touchdowns, four away from the record, and he leads the league in rushing with 1,324 yards. His 5.2 per-carry average is the second-highest of his career. He's also thrown two touchdown passes.

In just his sixth season, he's already 24th on the all-time rushing list with 8,685 yards. Emmitt Smith, the all-time leader in rushing yards with 18,355, rushed for 8,976 yards in his first six seasons. If Tomlinson gets 73 yards per game in his next four, which he should, he will be ahead of Smith's record-setting pace for career yards.

You might be watching the greatest running back of all time. It's a treat week in and week out to see him explode through holes, and it has that special feeling that one day he's a player you might tell the grandkids about.

Link for rest of story

more tidbits:

Best assistant coach: Cam Cameron, Chargers offensive coordinator. He deserves this for convincing Schottenheimer to open things up.
    Runners-up: Mike Smith, Jaguars defensive coordinator; Rex Ryan, Ravens defensive coordinator; Rob Ryan, Raiders defensive coordinator.

Biggest disappointment: The Steelers. Didn't you think they would at least go into December with a chance to repeat?
    Runners-up: The Cardinals, Giants QB Eli Manning, Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper and Bucs RB Cadillac Williams.

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He must be trying to make up for all the times he dissed our boys...

LT IS TEH 0V3R4T3D!!!!!1~

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Prisco can take his awards and stuff 'em in his Fish Taco.

Here's to you Pete:icon_finger:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I might make a run down to Rubios. Fish tacos sound good right about now!

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Yeah he is still a pric and needs to spend more time with his lips planted firmly on the Chargers *** before I will give him a pass for all his previous BS.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Damn dude, I am craving some Roberto's chicken burrito with guac and sour cream with a side of rolled tacos. Man I miss living in SD.......