1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Prison Break..probably will sink fast...Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KimPossible, Oct 3, 2007.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    24 Season Five is $14.99 on DVD at Target today and tomorrow only...They had plenty of copies...I saw it so I didn't get it...Also several other television shows...Seinfeld Season 8, The Office S2 (out, this is the one I wanted)...and some other ones...I couldn't go early because I don't like the Black Friday crowds...so I missed out.

Cyber Monday is coming...this Monday.

www.cybermonday.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I do that all the time!

And then I start playing the next Xbox 360 game...

• Like Like x 1
  3. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    OT, wanted to say thanks for the rep, was told I had to spread it around, so couldn't return the greeting there. Such a cute Santa. Too bad we don't have any Santa icons, or I would have used one here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    We wish you a Merry Prison Break!
    And a Merry New Year!

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    The return of Prison Break on Monday night was very very good...exciting with plot twists and makes me want more...Sucre should not be trusted...I think Whistler is romantically involved with that "Psycho Chick"...I still can't stand LJ...I wonder if Sara is really dead...and T-Bag is still an intriguing somewhat charming sociopath with one arm. Damn that little saran wrap torture device looked...hot! :icon_eek:

I miss 24 :( ...I don't watch that much tv "live" and Mondays was my very favorite night...damn Hollywood and their strike! And I liked everyone's opinions about it after the show. I hope they bring back 24 this year even if they have to chop it up a little and not run it straight through. Even if they have to make it 18...

6. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Somebody has a dark side. :icon_eek:

Seceret is safe with me. :icon_tease:

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    ~sigh~

Well don't tell anybody...I don't want anybody to know! :icon_eek: I'm very complex!

I've done a little internet search and all the 24 news is...bad. :( PB is being abbreviated too.

It seems like the 24 producers want to run the season straight through without a break or shorten it...so it might not even come on this year. Fox is touting American Idol which I don't even care about...maybe the strike will end this week and they can get busy with 24 for the end of the year :icon_eek: and finish PB!

~sigh~

8. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    ~sigh~

Complex? Chocolate, Merlot, Sushi. Little drama and mama is happy. (PB & 24)

I dig the History channel and Discovery. Dirty Jobs rocks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    ~sigh~

I also like the Discovery and History Channels...good choices...sometimes "Dirty Jobs" gets a little too dirty for me :icon_eek: so I don't watch it consistently.

PB/24 is my favorite tv night so I wish "they" (I'm not even sure who) would settle with the writers and get the show on the road, so to speak :icon_wink:

It's Gameday!!!!

OMG! :icon_eek: I'm nervous, hopeful, excited, apprehensive, and all those moods on the mood thingy! I want to win! :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Prison Break was so good :icon_eek: I can't believe it's not everybody's favorite show!

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    It's definitely a must watch IMO. But I do think that it should finally end this season.

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

:icon_eek:

13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    He seems to have quite a lot of time on his hands during this writer's strike :icon_mad:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Maybe he'll get into rehab and put some clothes on... :eek: :lol:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Random Jack Bauer facts

There are three leading causes of death among terrorists. The first two are Jack Bauer, and the third one is heart attack from hearing Jack Bauer is coming for them.

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.

Once, someone tried to tell Jack Bauer a "knock knock" joke. Jack Bauer found out who was there, who they worked for, and where the goddamned bomb was.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice. Jack Bauer would meanwhile do something important.

Jack doesn't believe in Murphy's Law, only Bauer's Law: "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL be resolved in a period of 24 hours."

Jack Bauer doesn't speak any foreign languages, but he can make any foreigner speak English in a matter of minutes.

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I get so caught up in the story line I actually forget how cute they are...really!

[​IMG]

S1 was really really good and sets everything up...S2 not as good but still good, and this third season in the new prison is back to being very good...there is lots of action, duplicity, plot twists, and through it all Michael still has a conscience...he feels tremendous guilt about events and in the end I am positive will have to die to redeem himself...in his own eyes.

You'll like it! :icon_eek: It's my favorite show...especially with Jack Bauer MIA.

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Yikes! Maybe!!

edit: hey I just remember we left off with Chloe being preggers :icon_eek:

18. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I especially like those two...wouldn't it be funny if Chuck Norris guest starred on 24 one week...if it ever comes back :crying:

19. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Are they still running the show without the normal writers? Or did they have episodes stockpiled and ready to go?

20. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Crap, the baby will be two when the show returns and throwing terrible two temper tantrums with a british accent mix. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  21. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    lol...too funny.

22. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Nope it's on indefinite hold...I looked forward to it too...I think they have 8 episodes made but the producers want the entire "24" hours to run consecutively...it might not come on this year.

I say AIR the 8 episodes...I can handle a long hiatus...

23. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Never watched PB... but 24 is definitely good from the times I've seen it.

:eek: It would be better if it was spread out, each one of the 8 over a period of time... rather than all at once and then nothing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I would be happy to watch 8 episodes all in a row...I still like 24. I like Jack Bauer. I wish Deadwood would come back on.

There was no Prison Break this week...I forgot. It came as a little bit of a shock.

:(

• Like Like x 3
  25. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    This season is so good :icon_eek: Better than last season. The boys are in Panama now with Linc on the outside trying to help Michael break out of this hard core prison Sona (or else his son's head is going to get lopped off :icon_eek: )..."The Company" made sure Michael ended up there...lots of conspiracies, action and plot twists...definitely my favorite show. The cute guys are just icing on the cake...the writing is so good the writer's deserve a raise...just settle the strike!

And no falling bookshelves...but lots of other drama. :icon_wink:

26. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    [​IMG]Have you seen every episode of 24? If not, now might be a good time to get the DVDs and watch missed episodes - or just enjoy them all in a row :)

[​IMG]

27. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    In the last couple of years I have watched all the seasons of 24 I initially missed except for a few episodes of S4...might be a good idea to re-watch that season on Netflix...I just heard on the tele that there may have been a breakthrough in the writer's strike :icon_eek: Jack Bauer may yet live this year (make it 18 this year...I don't care!) and the PB boys may get a full(er) season...

Dexter is pretty good and coming back on soon...I really only watch a few shows...I do like The Tudors on Showtime which is also going to start soon...I actually can't believe all television- owning persons home on Monday night are not tuned into PB...perplexing :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Have to check out Tudors and Dexter... have never seen them...Don't have Showtime and prolly won't add it for a show or two.. Will have to see about catching reruns somewhere.

Don't miss "Sopranos" although I thought I would. I guess it really did run it's course... I'd love to see a "Sopranos" movie though that really really did end the series.

Entourage- Really like that show. Cracks me up. :lol:
    Deadwood - Loved that show... Wish they'd bring it back somehow.
    Heroes - Love that show... Can't wait for the next season
    24 - Last season about runined it for me... but I'll give Jack and Co. another chance next season.
    Lost - Never really liked the show (think I'm in the minority there)
    Prison Break - Never really got into it.... I'll admit, there's alot of "testosterone" in that show...;)
    John from Cincinnatti - What a BAD show. The only good thing about it was the SD scenery and surfing scenes. :lol:
    Big Love - Interesting show. Kind of got hooked early on due to actually living in Sandy,Utah where this show is supposed to take place.
    House - Have watched that show for a few years. Sometimes I just want to kill that Dr. House. :lol: Interesting dynamics...
    Rescue Me - Fairly new to that show (thanks to RIP). Very well done.

OK, I think I've given you guys a good look at my taste in TV shows. Is there any other show I should be checking out???? Let me know and I'll DVR a few episodes. :icon_toast: