1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Pro Bowl running back" on the trading block

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Apr 10, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That's what I thought. So now they have 3 scrub 'has been' RB's since they still have Portis

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Because Spiller is younger, cheaper, bigger, and has more upside.

If they're spending a 1st rounder they might as well take the better player.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No kidding...jeeezz Ant, you always think our players are worth a lot more than they are.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Plus would come cheaper. #13 pick last year was Brian Orakpo who signed a 5 years $15.4 mil contract. Sproles has been looking for a Micheal Turner Type contract, 6 years $34.5 Mil.

So Spiller is younger, cheaper, has more miles left on his body, and is capable of being a #1 back.

Sproles is worth a 2nd, but a team would be stupid to give up a 1st for him. But I would welcome it

• Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Correction...Gore scored a 6 on the wonderlic. So he's short, slow, and 'don't read so good' :lol:

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    OMG!! You guys DO NOT even know who will be there at our picks!!!!!!!!!!!

Please quit saying WE WILL NOT take a certain person! Or WE WILL draft this guy for sure! Your not AJ's right hand man.

No one knows.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Wow....random.:icon_huh:

8. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    LT scored a 11 or 13, I forget.. Either way it's not very good and look how he turned out. I think for certain positions intelligence is important (i.e. QB, C) but a RB just needs to be a natural RB.

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Consider that they're lowering their shoulders and heads and getting blasted by 250lb men running at full speed. I doubt many RB's score high.

Michael Turner scored a 35 though.:icon_shrug:

10. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    True, it would be a waste of intelligence by the time their career was over :lol:

11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    lol, no not random....Just tired of hearing every single thread result in the same thing....

The next thread title could be, Osama Obama gets cosmetic dentistry done, some how the thread will turn into SD taking Ryan Mathews and or Ben Tate and THAT WE ARE FOR SURE GOING TO DO IT. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    How many really smart guys do you know that want to run headlong into a few thousand pounds of pissed-off beef? :icon_shrug:

It's football or the rodeo .... football pays better. :lol:

13. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Cmon guys! We don't need a RB, we already signed a free agent superstar......Marcus Mason!!!! :flag: :icon_rofl:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So it's Matthews or we're dumb asses, right? :lol:

I realize that you're making a veiled attempt at being sarcastic but let's get something straight - by now I think we all know that you're going to have a meltdown if Matthews is available at 28 & not drafted by us. That's all good & fine. Just don't think that we believe Mason to be the answer. I haven't seen anyone here say that. If it makes you feel better to keep blowing hot air up your little skirt, have at it. Doesn't make you a draft guru, OK? Most of the guys that I know who are pretty damn good at it either
    A) Don't post here
    B) Post here on occasion or
    C) Admit that it's a crap shoot.

BTW - you were a real dick during the live draft. :yes:

15. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    probably to sd

16. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    First off, I was making a joke. Of course Mason isn't the answer
    Second, it's not a crap shoot that we get Mathews and who I predict us to draft can be whoever the f*ck I want
    Lastly, how was I a dick in the live draft? If you wan't to point fingers, be my guest and act immature.

BTW - I won't stop posting here

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Didn't say you would nor could I give a flying fu.ck. I'll take the friends & reputation that I've earned on this board over your 2 cents any day of the week & twice on the weekends.Your endless fawning over Matthews is getting just a bit overdone.

And yes, you were a dick at the draft because you wouldn't STFU & let LT-Express run it smoothly. Instead you kept jumping in with picks for Chavez & saying who is on the clock.

So in short - KMA & have a nice day. :icon_twisted: I give a flying **** if you like me or not. :icon_banana:

18. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    So what would it take to get Wildcat Ronnie? I love the way that guy plays football. Him plus a nice late round RB in the draft and we would be in good shape. I could see him and Tolbert wreaking some havoc together on 1st and 2nd down.

I am sure we go conventional and go RB with the 40 though. Matthews will be gone at the 28.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The guy can't seem to stay healthy, and would need to be re-signed. For the most part, AJ trades for guy who are already under control for a couple years. He doesn't give up draft picks then have to fork over a ton to re-sign a guy. Brown is going into the final year of his rookie contract. So I would say the chances of us getting him are somewhere between slim and none

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Nothing higher than our 3rd.

He has finished 2 of the last 3 seasons on IR (ACL/Foot), he has never been successfull as the featured back, he's in the last year of his contract, and he just got nailed for a DUI in Gerogia which is a felony charge, meaning lucky to escape prision time much less a 4 game suspension.

Every team in the NFL is trying to prise a high pick from the Chargers for a RB they don't want anymore.