1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Last year was probably the best Pro Bowl I have seen... The true starters at major positions sat out, and the ones who got their place step'd up. But Also, it was a night game atmostphere, (east coast time). Hawaii is boring, and humid. :D

I'd like to see this game on Sat night prime time, a week before the SB, in the host superbowl site. :eek::)

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    This was a real BS game, they should at least try to make it more like a real game and not like a flag football game for spoiled millionaires

Having said that the Alex Mack touchdown at the end was hysterical

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    The pro bowl is an absolute joke. It's bigger honor to get voted to it, than to actually play in it.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I do hope you're joking. If not, then you haven't seen what Hawaii has to offer.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Its a bit of light hearted fun after a long and fustrating season (for most teams). I say its all fine the way it is.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I have not watched 60 minutes total of the Pro Bowl in the last 30 years combined. My youngest found it going during a channel check so he watched the last couple of minutes. The last touchdown was a dream come true for every offensive lineman, to bad half the defensive team was just standing around.

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Last time I was in Hawaii, Oahu, and Kaui, in July, my wife, and I thought "why did we leave San Diego again?"

Yes, it is beautiful there, but SD is pretty damn nice.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I have only been to Oahu a couple time when I was in the Navy, even though we stayed in hotels in Honolulu. It didn't do much for me. I will definitely go back to Hawaii, but never again to Oahu.

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

I was at Honolulu Airport or Hickam AFB long enough to get some fuel in our jet, then it was off to Kadena AB in Okinawa. Then it was back to Honolulu airport for Customs, and then it was off to Beale AFB California. The longest time on ground was about 4 hours. It did not do much for me.

10. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Well, I have lived in Hawaii since 1996 and I would much rather live in SD. SD has so much more to offer.
    Speaking of Pro Bowls, I have been to 8 or 9 of them and never sat through an entire game yet.

11. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I lived in Hawaii for about 3 years in the late 80's, and looking back I wish I would've attended at least 1 Pro Bowl..Dan Fouts was making regular appearances at Aloha Stadium back then, it would've been nice to say "I've been there" just once.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    how much does a ticket go for

13. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Ours were $130 each.

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    was it worth it?

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    growing up in SD then going to HI isn't the same when you've lived in the mid west awhile then go to HI

I've confirmed it

:lol:

16. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Not really.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Hope your not still in the mid west, I watched 15"s of snow fall in 8 hours Tuesday morning. Only got a neighbor up here with a plow to dig me out around noon today. For all the shoveling I have done since, any talk of anywhere warm sounds nice.