1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Football in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, May 30, 2007.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Very interesting. The idea of a team in Mexico city is interesting.. Personally I wouldn't wanna play there, it'd be like playing in a smoke filled room.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Thats what its like in LA too.

Bring football to Vegas and show these schmoes again that it will work.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Will He Hate Me come out of retirement? What do you want to bet that each team will have a retired parole officer in the front office and ex prison guards in the equipment rooms?

:yes:

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

I don't know about parole officers and guards, but check out the names on this roster.

http://www.all-xfl.com/lasvegasoutlaws/team/roster/index.htm

:lol

I'm sure you'll know a few of them. :yes:

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    People scoffed at the AFL and look what happened. I welcome a new league, gives us something else to do.:bolt2:

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    All I have to say is

hell MF'in yeah! :tup: *

* - bolts till the day I die

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    NFL in Vegas just begs the question...

Horrible idea, not a faithfull fanbase, mostly tourists.

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Didnt Vince Mcmahon already try thing?

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Not to mention similar joy to what the NBA had to deal with during the all star game and begging for a situation a'la Pete Rose
    I fear that LV might just be the ONLY city in America that CANT have professional sports

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I heard about this. They want to have 8 teams in the UFL. They've got one multi-billionaire supporter: Mark Cuban. Now they only need 7 more. :lol:

If they want to run this league in direct competition with the NFL, it will get crushed. All 4 major networks already have agreements in place with the NFL. Who's left to show the games?

First pre-season games by 2008? That's impossible.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The WFL and USFL were good in that they provided training grounds for a lot of coaches and front office people. The XFL, not as much has carried over to the NFL.

They'd be better off trying a spring league.

13. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Right, because their XFL team was such a disaster by having the best attendence :rolleyes2:

I don't recall problems that year

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    the gambling thing is always going to be a concern as is the party atmosphere of las vegas
    i'm not saying that its because of a lack of fans but because of what Las Vegas is in regards to gambling and to its atmosphere.

15. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Agree, it will get crushed but ill have fun with it with a team here in the meantime.

Somebody will get it right eventually

16. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    But...Las Vegas is growing like crazy, and brining in more and more families each month. The whole gambling stigma will be not be an issue in the next several years. What will matter to the NFL/UFL is the $$$$ they can make in a fast growing market.

17. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    There WILL be a professional team here someday. That you can bank on. There are things to do in most cities and players find them. There are just more things to do here.
    Believe or or not Ant....there is more to Vegas than just the strip.

18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Oh I know that, I've been through Vegas many a time
    I'm just saying its one of those things its known for and a fact of the city. Every city has something like that but in vegas there's something htat's illegal in every city in the country unless your on an indian reservation

edit: based on its growing i agree it'll probably have a team sooner or later, i'm just stating what can be a monkey wrench in the plans

19. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    This could be another triple A league for players that get cut. Im excited, another reason to go to vegas and bet up.

20. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

Leisure and MTL gamble online WAY more than i do and i have sports books close to me. I really dont see the big deal about the gambling but Tagliaboob made a big deal about it. My guess is because he couldnt get his hands on any of it for the NFL so he banned TV commercials that had anything to do with Vegas during SB's just to be a dik.

Dont forget he also ripped San Diego the last time they hosted a SB because ther stadium wasnt up to his standards. I'm glad he is retired.

21. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Yeah but the question is how many of those Vegas residents are already loyal to the team of their place-of-origin?

That's one of the big problems we have in San Diego. Everyone wants to live here because it's beautiful, but the big drawback is that 80% of the people here are from somewhere else, and most of them bring their loyalties with them.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Not if they go up against the NFL. Make it during the spring and they just might have something.