1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Football Talk AFC West Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Check it out!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dwY1034XM8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dwY1034XM8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    What do they say for those of us at work that can't be watching videos?

• Like Like x 2
  3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I hate that guy's little Frodo face.

Blah blah... Chargers - Broncos at the top... Chiefs Raiders fighting for 3rd place.

But thanks for the upload, Thumper! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Mike Florio (profootballtalk.com) basically stated he did not expect the Charger to be 14-2 again and to not dominate the way we did last year due to coaching turnover even though most pundits expect us to dominate. He said he did not "get it" due to the coaching turnover. He did acknowledge we should win the division.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well that's a safe statement if I've ever heard one. After all, how many teams have had consecutive 14 win seasons in the past 20 years? The Patriots and 49ers. That's it.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    mike florio for some reason doesn't like the chargers. I've emailed with him for years. He's always trying to degrade the chargers. I beleive he's a pittsburgh fan and still hates the chargers for beating pittsburgh in that playoff game years ago.

The chargers if we don't get many injuries should crush the afc west this year and take it going away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Florio hails out of Boston now so he's likely a Patriots homer. :yes:

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't expect 14-2 as well

however,

I EXPECT a SUPER BOWL VICTORY

I don't give a crap who, what, when, or how things changed from last season.

I don't want to hear one more damn excuse

We are ready for the Lombardi and I want to lay claim to one before I take a dirt nap!!!!!

:icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:
    :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

NOW LET'S GET THIS DONE!!!!

edit: In my best Shotty voice I could come up with !!!

:lol:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    His analysis was

Well the chargers are returning all the same players and basically the same coaches but because the coaches are not technically the same they won't be as good.

That hard hitting analysis must've come straight out of his ***

10. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Florio is a Florio homer - no more, no less. I've cut farts that were a lot more dynamic than he ever will be. He should restrict his analysis to legal matters, the CBA, the NFL/NFLPA and leave the rest of football alone. (IMO).

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Everyone can't be a Charger fan, and I'm damn glad it's that way.:bolt: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_rofl:

13. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    didnt everyone last year we were gonna suck cuz we let Bress go and PR was going to be a 1st year starter?:icon_huh:

ill put my faith in AJ like i should have done last year. :tup:
    and not listen to these so called experts:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup, many pundits were saying we'd be lucky to win 10 games because of the Rivers factor.

Funny thing is that we were 3 plays away from a perfect 16-0 season.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The only time the Chargers have come close to getting respect from year to year was in Coryell's hayday. Over the years I noticed that most stories coming out of the east coast about the Chargers almost always includes a but........... Florio was one of Marty's critics, now he's gone and the change will hurt the team. Would he have said this about Parcell's? Did he say it about Gibbs in Washington? This story couldn't have come out of his as. His head is too far up his *** for even a decent fart to bubble out.

16. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, we seem to be getting a lot of respect now.

We are considered elite by many pundits, that idiot Florio notwithstanding, and perusing many other forums, I've heard quite a few teams' fans talk about building their team in the Chargers or Patriots mold.

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

how dare you try to take away our disrespect card:icon_twisted: :abq1:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    We still have the "East Coast Media doesn't know we exist and still thinks the Raiders represent southern california" card to play, use it my son :lol:

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Why should we get mad respect? sure we're tough during the regular season but come playoff time we fold our tent and go home. If we would've beaten the Pats, and even if we lost to the Colt's (we had an injury issue after Pats game game) we would've garnered a bit more respect.

It was just the Colt's year, everything came together for them at just the right time. I'm hoping this turns out to be our year to go all the way
    and bring home the Lombardi.

Let the rest of the NFL doubt in the Bolt's but until we win the big show, we'll never get total respect.:bolt:

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't think it's the lack of respect but the lack of reasoning that bothers people. Here you have a guy that was very critical of Marty, so if we'd have brought Marty back he'd say, "They'll implode in the playoffs because they have Marty." But since we didn't bring Marty back, he says, "They'll miss Marty." Not exactly hard-hitting, in-depth analysis. It's like having to listen to a really bad sixth-graders book report: "These are the Chargers. They are a football team from San Diego. The Chargers lost in the playoffs last year and fired their coach. The Chargers have a new coach this year..."

21. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

This team has been getting plenty of respect from the media and punditry since the second half of the 04 season.....when I see Chargers related news in Montana, they are popular enough for me! When I could get a jersey that WASNT Brees or Tomlinson....it was enough popularity and respect for me!

Think of Peyton Manning a year ago. The guy had all the talent in the world, but the knock against him was that he couldnt win the big game. We all know it was the COLTS that couldnt win the game, or Vinitieri who COULD win the game...etc. That said, we shouldnt expect any more respect than Peyton in that situation. Respect is earned and to earn the respect of the Champions, the Bolts need to become Champions themselves.
    That begins with the AFC West, but as we found out in years past, it doesnt END there.

22. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

That's my first sight, too. Normal blabla from last year and
    one argument, if the Chargers aren't as good as last year:
    It's the coaching staff.

23. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I believe Norv is in a no-win situation here, at least for this season.

When the Chargers make it to the AFC Championship Game, many media whores will simply state it was the players and not the coaching that was mainly responsible.

If we don't make it, then they'll blame the coaching staff for ruining the talent.

Only by making two straight AFCC will Norv and Cottrell be given any credit in their eyes.

24. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    You're right little small family we are over the years

but the bandwaggons will arrive, when the team's
    winning

25. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think the bandwagoners are what bought the 10K remaining season tickets to sellout for the first time since the Bobby Ross era.
    :yes:

26. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

The bandwaggoners who can come to the stadium are
    Southern Californians. Their duty is to support the hometeam.
    And it good for winning when there are less Faiders and Piddys
    shirts at Qualcomm as in former seasons.

The real bandwaggoners are those far away, who buy
    the new jerseys and feel cool because they are on the winners side.
    ... only when the stay to their team in loosing seasons the are real
    fans. But for this time they have to wait at least seven years, when
    LT retires.