1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Producing offensively, AFC West style

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, May 18, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

May 18, 2009 12:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

ESPN's top 40 fantasy projections are not chock full of AFC west talent.

San Diego running LaDainian Tomlinson is ranked No. 7, Kansas City receiver Dwayne Bowe is ranked No. 32, and Denver receiver Brandon Marshall is ranked No. 36.

I'm no fantasy expert, so I'm not even going to consider arguing or agreeing with these projections. However, I will take a stab at a list of who I believe will be the most productive offensive players in the AFC West, regardless of position. Again, this projection is not fantasy based, but straight production based.

1. Philip Rivers, San Diego, quarterback: I expect an MVP push from one of the better young players in the league.

2. Matt Cassel, Kansas City, quarterback: Cassel may have his ups and downs in his first season in Kansas City, but he will put up his share of numbers.

3. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego, running back: Tomlinson is not finished yet. Don't expect another record-breaking season, but if Tomlinson can stay healthy, he'll have a solid season by his standards.

4. Brandon Marshall, Denver, wide receiver: If Marshall can avoid a league suspension from his offseason legal issue, I expect him to have a huge year. This guy is one of the best offensive players in the game. He is coming off back-to-back 100-plus catch seasons. Expect another big year from Marshall, who is expected to be at full speed in July after having offseason hip surgery.

5. Vincent Jackson, San Diego, wide receiver: Jackson a No. 1-type receiver and I expect him to show that this season. He has dominant skills. Expect Jackson to become one of the better big-play receivers in the NFL in 2009.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2201/Producing-offensively--AFC-West-style.html

2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    No Gates???

Marshall is a stud... but who is going to throw to him?