1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Proof that Russel is worse than Leaf...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    Ok, it's dark days for our chargers, but refer back to this article, no matter how bad things get, and I promise you'll feel better:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/26/SPNU1AAIMJ.DTL

some of the better quotes:

"I felt like (Cable) thought his decision was the right thing to do," Russell said, brightly. "Once Bruce got in, I became the cheerleader. I had no problem with that."

Indeed, when Gradkowski warmed up before the start of the second half, Russell stood beside him as the catcher, the guy who spares the quarterback the risk of jammed fingers.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

this is a good one too:
    "I thought, for the first time (that Russell) was really out of sorts early in the game," Cable said. "First play of the game, couldn't get the formation lined up the right way. ... And the two interceptions ... the first one, no reason for that. The second one, he just kind of threw it up."

and

Russell, asked if he was out of sorts, said, "Actually, I wasn't. The first interception was a matter of a guy coming across my face and getting to the spot. I tried to get it down but it was too late. As far as the second one, I thought I gave the guy a chance to make a play on the ball. I thought I made a throw that he would be able to go up and make a chance at the ball. I felt that's where I threw it."

Man they can't even get their bs straight!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    JaMarkup will soon supplant Leaf as the biggest QB bust ever. And I thought NOBODY could overtake Leaf with that distinguished position! I love it!

[​IMG]

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I hope so, I'm tired of seeing L**f's ugly mug in every pre-draft article about busts :tdown:

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  5. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    i dunno, Russel is number one pick, got paid a heck of lot more, held out into the beginning of the first season (which translated into the first season), and his stats are pretty close. And even loses out in some categories.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I would be difficult to beat leaf's career QB Rating of 50, but he is giving it a shot. :lol: Leaf was a #2 pick, but giving up the next yrs #1 puts the price of Leaf above Russell.

I think we are stuck with the biggest bust of all time. Thanks Mr Bethard!

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    But from everything I've read or seen,

Russell has never been a total f'ing dikhead, jerk wad, a**face, M**tha ***in D**che BAG, did I say dikhead?

as the guy who's name will never be repeated by me.

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We need to see Russell in full ragemode vs. a reporter or 2 before we can properly assess the situation.

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Yep, there are a lot of variables we need to consider, the reporter incidents, the bragging on the plane about a starter incentive, along with piss poor play. Has Russel started as many game as RL yet? I blacked that part of our history out of my mind.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Russell also hasn't faked a wrist injury only to be caught IN TOWN playing golf.

He's got a long way to go to catch Leaf, but I believe in him.

11. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think the difference is that Leaf had a major character flaw .. Russell is just fat and lazy.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Gawdam I wish someone could dig up that video of him playing flag football while serving his suspension for berating Beathard. :lol:

We should put a bounty on that video. Big bucks to the person who finds and posts it on Youtube.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Didn't RL also get caught in Vegas copmpletely ******** when he was supposed to be home nursing an injury?

Ryan Leaf is a living, breathing epitome of EPIC FAIL.

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    To Al Davis and the Raiders!
    May they continue to ruin the careers of college superstars!

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    And Leaf wasn't? :lol:

16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    you dont see Jalardass blowing up in the Media's face. You dont see him yelling at reporters with the camera rolling. And you dont see any of his team mates having to seperate him from the media. There is only one Leaf, and we traded up to get him.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Leaf wasn't smart enough to be lazy

18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    In either case...not something you'd hope for. Admittedly, Mr. "Knock it off...don't talk to me" was a GM's nightmare and a poster boy for how to flush an NFL career down the toilet, but JaDumbass is in a class all by himself. His contract is about 4 times what we paid for our underachiever and Al and company won't admit a mistake and keep buying tickets on the Titanic! Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Russell couldn't read a defense if you wrote it on the back of a cerial box. (and probably couldn't write his name in the dirt with a stick, either)

Me, I hope he sticks around for a while for the two things he does best: cripples the Raider offense and their salary cap.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree, I doubt he can even spell cereal :no: :icon_tease:

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Leaf is worst in my mind...because it was the Chargers that drafted him. :no: I feel the pain still to this day in regards to the Leaf era. The JR era just makes me smile!:lol:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    IMO, there's no contest. He Who Shall Not Be Named is the biggest & most disgraceful NFL bust ever.

Jamarcus is just dumb. :lol:

22. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I will never forget that first game of his at Arrowhead.

Poor kid.

Just got destroyed.

His head was so full of "Im the king of the castle" after being the first nfl qb to ever win his first two starts and feeling that he should have been the top pick over Peyton Manning, that he had no idea what was in store for him in Kansas City.

1-15
    4yards
    2 interceptions
    5 fumbles/4 lost

worst game I have ever seen a qb play and the reason he was labeled a bust

after the game, his tirade was one of the classic meltdowns of all time.

Good thing that part of your team is over.

• Like Like x 1