1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Props to Chris Chambers!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Been stoked about this guys play last Sunday, he is a BAD A$$!!! Catching over the middle, taking hits, dragging feet, and getting control of the ball... He deserves his own thread. A true #1 superstar receiver... He isn't a loud mouth... Look forward to watching this guy the rest of the season. :tup: JUST GIVE CHRIS THE DAMN BALL!!! j/k :lol:

FOUTS

• Like Like x 1
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    :yes:

Great pick up.

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Well said Fouts. I've watched that catch against the Jax over and over and kept thinking that guy is amazing. He is just what this team needs. A flat out ball hawk. Man, with the weapons we have, there should be NO excuse this team can't march down the field like we did against the Jax in the 3rd qtr.

Then I remembered we have Norval.....:deadhorse:

4. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Where was he against Indy?

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152

He got SHUT DOWN!!
    By one guy too, no double teams or anything

Too bad that one guy was,.........
    [​IMG]

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I saw a lot of guys on O missing from that game. Maybe he should have taken a direct snap?

He was a steal for a #2.

7. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    'Zactly.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I raise a glass to our newest addition!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    HEy Nickelbolt,

I posted this before on a previous thread, you may have missed it............ but.... CHICO!!!!!!!!!!

Best 6 years of my life.... Which bars are you watching the game? Lets see.... I used to hit up "The Main Event" sometimes "The Graduate," to watch the BOLTS... of course hitting up "town scrounge," and "Duffy's" on the way home... :lol:

10. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I forgive him for the catch he made against us in 05.
    Good luck in San Diego Chris. I am now a big fan.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    CHEEEEEEEEE...COOOOOO!!!!

Sorry I missed it last time. Yes. Many do take the 6 year route! I moved back about 6 years ago and bought a house right before the Internet Stock bubble busted. Timing was everything for us. Unfortunately I'm fully domesticated now and watch the games at home on The Ticket. As for downtown and the bar scene... The Main Event is gone. The Grad is still the big draw for sports, though. Towne Lounge and Duffy's still going strong on the dive bar scene. I don't frequent them like I used to, but once in a while I'll drop in for a stiff cocktail. I still love Panama's and the teas on a Friday. Can't beat $3.50 for the Texas Tea. Some new places have done pretty well downtown, too. If you ever come back for a visit let me know and we'll throw some back and lament this season's debacle. :icon_toast:

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    really glad to have him aboard!:tup:

13. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Waiting on some people to rip him for catching that long pass with his body, since real NFL receivers don't do that. Right? When VJ did that he was ripped endlessly. Chamber did it and almost dropped that ball and cost us a review to get the catch.

I like the guy and he seems like he'll help, but he hasn't proven worth a 2nd rounder yet by far. Hopefully he does though.

14. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Chambers is doing a great job, he is on point. Well worth the second round pick, a steal and a big addition for us.

That catch he made was awesome, getting blasted and loosing the ball only to have the focus to track it down, secure it, stay inbounds, what?!? sick, chambers is only going to make more and more of an impact as the season rolls on....

He is the best WR on this squad, and carries himself on the field that way, he is a vet and the other players will benefit from his lead too. Maybe learn to lock in on the ball and make the play hmm hmm :jackson:

:bolt:BOLTS UP!:bolt:

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We've got Gates, Chambers, LT and Rivers. Norval needs to scheme to get the ball into their hands in space. Period.

16. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    If only it could be put into simpler words, the coaching staff could understand.

17. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  18. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  19. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Those are ****ing sweet photos.

20. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    [​IMG]

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    DEAR GOD YOU ARE RIGHT!!! LETS LINCH HIM!!!!:icon_evil:

:icon_rofl:

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

Fixed it for ya
    and before we lynch Chambers, first we Lynch Turner and Cottrell

23. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    One, you proved the point they shouldn't do it. Two you proved that Chambers is good enough to recover from his mistake. Almost dropped is a lot different than dropped.

About 99.9% sure VJ would never have caught that ball. After the bobble he would have in true contortionist style repositioned himself underneath the ball so the miracle of gravity would allow it to fall onto his body again.

The pics show Chambers using his hands pretty well on another play.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

EXACTLY!!!

Chambers has not been a factor because our entire coaching system has no clue what they're doing. Plain and Simple!!!

25. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    :lol: If only he knew how. I still dont see why he wont put Turner in the backfield and put LT in the slot of split out someplace. What would defenses do then?

At least try it. Norv isnt creative.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

EXACTLY!!!!

It seems that Norv wants Rivers to win the game by putting the ball in the air over and over and over and over and over and over.
    FREAKIN' GIVE THE BALL TO LT MORE OFTEN AND GET TURNER OUT THERE TOO!!! THAT'S WHY WERE LOST IN JACKSONVILLE!!! :icon_evil:

We might as well should have traded Turner since he's NOT being used!!! :icon_evil:

27. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Is it me or does Chambers remind you a lot of Steve Smith? I know he isn't as good or as small as him, but he is smallish and compact like him.

28. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I dont think so. Actually Chambers is a lot bigger. Only 2" taller but 25 lbs heavier. I bet Smith is closer to 5'8" .

29. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Chambers 5'11' 210

Smith 5'9'' 185

Ya ur right. but i guess its their proportions that are similar. They're both more compact, strong little guys, but play like they're several inches bigger. I swore Chambers was a 6'2'' athletic leaper, but to find out he's under 6'? And that weight? Pretty solid-built guy.

And Steve Smith dominates everyone, and not just 'cuz he's faster than his opponent, he can out-muscle, out-jump them too. And he's ripped. I know part of his success is due to his nasty demeanor; that guy is a fighter, literally. He used to have fist fights with teammates and stuff.

Either way, Chambers is a stud, and I bet he reaches pro-bowl level next year when Rivers and him are more in sync, and hopefully we get our talented offense straightened out. I mean, other than possibly our right G and/or T, there's not much we can possibly improve, except for River's head sometimes.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn, dude. You never miss an opportunity, do ya? :unsure: