1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Props to my boy Dobbins

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Zeus, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

PROPS

He is looking MUCH better in coverage.

Maybe...

I was wrong about him.

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Just got done watching the game with ff tivo, Dobbins came up big. Happy to support the dude and put my stamp of approval on his abilities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Dobbins smoked that guy Lance Long. Kid won't be able to walk in a strait line for a week, much less run any routes.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Dobbins had a good game, maybe he's the guy that fixes our run defense's woes.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Tim was AWESOME today, just wrecking **** all over the place

It was nice to see a LB out there trying to commit murder

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Word.

Timmy is a beast and he's had to claw, scrape, steal every second of playing time he's ever gotten. He's a warrior!

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Imagine that, a down hill tackler. Haven't seen one one of those in the middle for a while.

I am in no hurry to see Burnett back on the field. I want to see Dobbins start vs the Raiders next week.

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree...Dobbins earned another start!

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :yes:

10. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Totally agree! Burnett is a "finesse" guy. We have too many of those on this D already we need a dude like Dobbins in there who's presence is felt. He crushed that dude who's name I don't remember and at this point I doubt he remembers it himself.

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Yuup. Timmy, I need you, absolutely NEED you to light up Oakland's TE next week. He shouldn't have a productive game against us if you do your job again.

12. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I heard them calling Dobbins number all afternoon- but where was Cooper? The announcers talked about Burnett more than Cooper. Maybe Coop needs to step it up or he'll be out of work.

13. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Dobbins was an assassin out there.

He'll make opponents hear footsteps.

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Coop is hurt and playing thru a bad knee - I'd rather see him sit and get healthy myself but with Burnett hurt (or was he sick? i cant remember) and Coop being the "QB of the Defense" I think he's been kept in the mix. They did pull him out once the game was in hand tho and have been giving him more rests (like they did with Merriman early on)

With Coop he missed some tackles and a sack that if he'd been healthy I know he would have made - doesn't seem to have the leverage and lateral movement right now.

15. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Dobbins played a great game. Keep in mind, KC's tight ends are the worst in the league and Dobbins can be a liability in coverage. That being said, I think he really brough some attitude to the D and he just flat out plays hard and mean. I'm game to see more of him.

Also, Burnett is not a "finesse" player. He's good in coverage but he lays the wood too. Unfortunately, he hasn't been the same since almost snapping his neck in game one against the turds. I think it's affected his game mentally a bit.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Burnett has gone about proving that he's not a 3 down backer since preseason ended. He & Cooper should rotate. Dobbins has proven that he deserves to start. Whenever he's in the game the middle of the field gets tougher for the opposing run game.

One of the reasons Cooper wasn't getting his name called as much is because Dobbins was getting to the ball carrier faster & making the tackle - not just hanging on until someone else could get there to help.

17. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    FATALITY

18. Haterproof2020

Haterproof2020 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    foooo shoooo, we need the dobbins/ cooper tandem in there. We needed dobbins to step up with coops knee hurting that was HUGE. when coop gets that big brace off and if timmy keeps up that play watch out nfl. GOOOO BOLTS:abq2: