1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Props to the Scouting Team and AJ...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Got to give these guys some props. This was the best drafted and undrafted class in a long time. We were so full of prospects that 2 of our UDFA cuts are already signed to other teams. Baxter is a Jet and Tolzien is a 49er. If Gamble had been dropped I bet he would have been a Texan, and Walters would have been a Dolphin. Are Scouting department did their job this year. It's time for Norv and the coaches to do theirs!

2. ChargersFansPDX

ChargersFansPDX BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    To bad about Tolzein, I was hoping we could keep him on clipboard duty, but in the end Norv made the right move.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Why not keep him and dump Cooper? Or Tutu? Anybody but Cooper. Kind of like saving a dead battery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, I agree! Great job AJ and scouting crew!

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    Huh?. U think?. Why so?. Cutting 3 guys that have been snapped up immediately and keeping a cripple (no offence to the disabled) = the right move?.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It is difficult to find a decent QB. If Tolzien had promise then we should have kept him.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Have to agree. Cooper is dead weight on the field. Love for him to stay as an assistant LB coach or something as I think he is a very smart player, but he is just not good enough to be on the field, and really wasn't last year eigther

8. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    While it was a bummer losing Tolzien, there will be options for picking up another QB next season as well. I think it was a good job minus the exception of everyone's head scratching of Coop.

Good job scouting team.

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    I just rewatched the second half of the 49ers preseason game...... there was one play where Cooper and Nwagbou together struggled to bring their 3rd string RB to the ground.

First, my reaction was :eek:, which quickly turned to :roflmao:, and eventually settled down to :speechless:. But then, I thought of the upcoming roster cuts and realized that somehow Cooper might be left on the team, and I was left with :cry:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I think they should have put Cooper on IR and keep Tolzein.

11. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
  12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    I wonder of OG will get a job anywhere. He's a decent D lineman if only a 3-4 DE at best.

13. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I too just re-watched the 49er preseason game and came away thinking that if Robinson doesn't
    sit the first part of camp, he then makes this team. He was running some pretty good routes and
    was making Tolzien's passes look good after he adjusted for them. Then I read that he ran a 4.3
    forty time in the combine. He also started the majority of games last year. He is definitely going
    to be on someone's roster this year.
    Tolzien can make all the throws, wonder why he wasn't drafted? I see him beating out Kaepernick
    for the number 2 and making Alex Smith sweat a little... :D

14. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Wouldnt surprise me to see OG show up on the Panthers roster before this is all said and done.