1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Prosecutors want blood to test Foley for steroids

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Sep 14, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587718

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sounds like the prosecutors are reaching for anything that might save Mansker's ***. :foley53: Foley was the victim here, yet he's being treated like a criminal. Mansker needs to be strung up by the balls.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

4. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Ya well maybe Foley should have thought about what he did and he wouldn't be in this position.....He should have learned from his mistake a couple of months ago...Alcohol can change people into becoming polar-opposite from there actual self..Foley is a prime example.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

I would use piano wire. :bolt:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    .233 ain't nothing. Back in the good old days - that is just getting warmed up.

7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I thought I read an article where it said that Foley was shot in the back of the leg.

So Foley was trying to get away and the cop shot him ? :no:

Isn't that unreasonable deadly force ? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,510
    The moonwalk is an ancient and mystical fighting technique not to be trifled with.

This is turning into a freaking witch hunt. A complete violation of Foley's right to privacy. Prosecutors are even saying, "we have no proof that Foley's on steroids, but we want to test him, anyway."

No, sorry, but you are required to have proof before being issued a search warrant. Search warrants are not supposed to be used to try and slander people.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :icon_high:

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Stop stealing my material :icon_evil:

It was a spinning back kick.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,510
    I can't imagine a judge would approve that. I think this is more of a PR thing. The cops just want to say Foley and steroids in the same sentence as many times as possible. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Should I be picturing you or Steve in that outfit? :unsure: :foley53: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  13. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Basically, all the police department has said is that Foley kept coming towards this twit officer. Did anyone hear HOW he was coming at him? Was he running, yelling, shouting, angry or just questioning? Was he calm and reaching for his wallet? If there are no neighbor witnesses, it's Foley's word against the cop's as far as how threatening he may have been. That's a wash. But the bullet holes are pretty much undeniable.

What I don't like about this precident is that any time the police are stuck, they're going to take blood samples and if you smoked some pot the night before, they'll claim you were in some sort of 'drug rage'.... even though we all know that pot would never do that to you, what the hell does a jury of moms and old grannies know about that?

It's a dangerous precident..... i'm not sure a judge would even allow it. I'm sure there are a lot of drugs out there (prescription and otherwise) that could make someone act strange. Is this then license for police to shoot them and get away with it?

I don't like this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Acuppola strands of concertina.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm trying to figure out what it is with the City of San Diego and aggressively prejudicing the jury pool. They sure are free with the information. Can't a muni be sued for libel for something like this? I mean, it's one thing to issue a warrant...it's another thing to publicize the warrant before it's even been signed...

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Man, that's a scary thought. But it wouldn't shock me, and the fact that it wouldn't shock me might be even scarier.

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Good point. The police department is very worried is what it sounds like. First they make a big headline on foleys blood alchohol level. And now mention steriods. Anything to make foley look bad in the publics eyes. Now I hope foley takes them to court and puts them all in prison. They sound like a police mafia now.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The end times are near :icon_eek: :icon_eyes: :eek: :icon_eyes: :eek: :icon_eyes:

19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I don't trust any police force to be honest when it comes to shootings by police officers. It's sad, too, because everyone knows that sometimes it can't be avoided, but the fact that it's sometimes necessary shouldn't make anyone believe it's always necessary.

All I know is that whatever the police get away with today will make it easier for them to get away with tomorrow..

20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    AJ will save us. :p

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think the police department knows they will be one of the folks foley will bring to court over this. So they're unloading all barrels(much like mankster) to try and injure foley.

The police department should have maybe just let mankster take the whole blame and paid him off some way to leave them out of it. NOw this will be drawn out in court. And if the court isn't bought off by the police department foley will cause much trouble for the police department.

I'm worried if foley can get a fair trial. Police have alot of clout with courts.

22. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Well, I'm probably off-base, but I very much see the DA as just an extension of the police department. To me, they all fall under the heading of "law enforcement." Maybe I've watched too much Law & Order, but I think police and DA's are very much on the same team...

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    This thing is just unbelievable. Granted Foley should be charged for popping a .23. That is hammer time.

BUT, when do you get shot for a DUI? He gets 2 in the BACK of the leg, which alone contradicts the story of the rookie. If he was charging him how the fuk does he get shot in the BACK of the leg. Twice.

Now they want to pull out Roid Rage? This smells like a big old CYA time by Coronado PD.