1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pseudo-Official Balls-n-Birds Chargers @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy. Also, no, I didn't let my daughter drink any of the beer she was playing with :-D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If I'm a fair weather fan then I really need to get a new meteorologist.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    That TV needs to be bigger.

4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. It was the biggest size I felt comfortable mounting on the wall in there though. The plan is to take our 42" from the living room and mount it in the bar when we relocate to Jacksonville in early 2014, or maybe in Newport, RI in 2013, and buy a 62 for the living room. We just didn't want to commit to a huge TV purchase that we'd have to transport ourselves 500 miles from Ramstein to Flensburg in a Dodge Journey.

The real travesty in there would be the barstools. They suck ***, and are wobbly. Those are going to be replaced ASAP. The glass table and wicker chairs are in there temporarily to make space for an air mattress and Xmas tree elsewhere in the house. Such is life.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    "IT TAKES A LOT OF LOSING TO BE A WINNER"
    Oh, I absolutely agree that you phrased it differently.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I was not aware that the new iPad mini came with a mounting bracket

7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I never said anything which could possibly be construed as asserting that high draft picks are a requirement for success. I did assert that the NFL rewards teams with bad records (regardless of the talent level of said team) with an opportunity for a team building advantage, and that this opportunity would be of greater benefit to the Chargers than isolated individual wins in the context of a non-playoff season.

Please don't put words into my mouth like CBF, you're better than that, aren't you?

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I was not aware that the new iPad mini came in a 32" model. Please post pictures of the bar in your home so that I can get ideas for improving mine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Most would agree that getting a higher draft pick can be a good thing when drafting.
    I can also say that most would agree that wanting our team to lose games before we
    are officially eliminated from playoff contention is...(insert any synonym here for "un-fanlike").

There, this subject has ran its course for the week. Feel free to return to it after the Chargers
    have been eliminated from contending in the playoffs and you'll find a lot more people agreeing
    that losing the last couple of games would benefit the Chargers (but only slightly, if at all).

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I didn't bring it up in this thread. I also didn't create a thread for the purpose of making a poorly framed poll in an attempt to prove an argument from another thread.

I'm disappointed by the lack of constructive criticism of my bar in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    It's not about CBF or anyone being "better." You can keep re-phrasing it, but I'm always going
    to mock the silly idea that losing can be good, since, hypothetically it might bring less losing...later.
    I do think that fair weather fans such as yourself--that skip Charger games in favor of others--
    are much more inclined to discount winning of each and every game. I don't have time to
    attend every game in person, so when I do lay out big bucks for premium seats, and (more importantly)
    give up half of a day to be there in person, winning really, really matters to me. Those that live elsewhere
    and never go to games, are understandably more cavalier (and deprecating) re. "isolated" wins.

As to your drinking, congrats on that. I'm kinda past the alcohol thing. I toured the Sam Adams
    brewery in Boston this summer, and that was about 20% of my 2012 alcohol consumption.
    So it's probably not surprising that I haven't set up a room for drinkin'. Clearly it's a bigger priority
    for you (and, I'm guessing, lots of guys on here) than me...who knows...maybe if I were in Germany...

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I don't see a kegerator or anything in there. Is there a minifridge under the bar? HOW DO YOU KEEP DELICIOUS BEER COLD?!?!?!?!

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    ok, then bigger tv (already stated) and maybe a recliner

14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think you understand the meaning of the phrase "fair weather fan". A "fair weather fan" is someone who is only a fan of the team when the team is doing well. By contrast, I am such a large Charger fan, that I am a fan of the team in spite of expecting them to be terrible.
    I can certainly appreciate that when paying to watch a sporting event in person, it's absurdly more enjoyable to watch the outcome that provides the greater degree of excitement (a thrilling win) than the opposite (a demoralizing loss). However, your personal enjoyment is not a factor in terms of what provides the greatest benefit to the future of the team as far as roster development.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    a recliner would not mesh with my wingback chairs.

16. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    I can't see myself spending 10 hours watching football in those chairs

17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    German beer is not consumed cold. This is because it actually tastes good, as opposed to American beer, which overwhelmingly tastes like watered down piss. In the winter, I just leave the heater down in that room, which provides the proper level of cooling. Think cool tap water instead of ice bath.

**Note: Becks is one of the worst beers in Germany. The level of taste of a fresh German beer is staggering.

18. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    psh, fairweather fan.

19. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Well, that's where I'm a dumbass!
    All these decades I thought myself and other fans followed the team for enjoyment.

(p.s. I probably misread your post where you said you didn't watch a Charger game because they weren't doing well)

20. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    ok, I'll watch the Chargers standing up (many times I have) but for the other 2 games I'd rather be comfortable

21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I said that I didn't watch a Charger game because they play terribly, and a game with a much more compelling match up was on.

I'm seriously dumbfounded by your inability to separate your desires from the team's best interests when discussing the relative benefits consequent to winning and losing. It's hilarious, and yet not at the same time. I'm not discussing this anymore, because you and I are talking about two completely different topics.

22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They're actually insanely comfortable chairs. They're more comfortable with your feet up on the ottoman. They're still more comfortable with a buzz.

23. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    That's the thing, I think most of us would still watch the Chargers even if they are 1-10 over another game with 2 undefeated teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If every series resulted in one of the following:
    Punt
    Fumble
    Interception
    Turnover on Downs
    Time Expires

You'd still rather watch that than an interesting match-up? It's not about the record in terms of deciding to watch it, it's about the level of play on the field, the predictable gameplans, and playcalling. Literally, every Charger win has looked the same this season (that I've watched, I didn't watch Pitt), and every Charger loss has looked the same. I can only watch Rivers getting sacked during the 2 minute drill so many times before I want to claw my eyes out with spoons.

25. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Whatever. You don't like being labelled a "fair weather fan" but your own explanation
    (how you yourself define it) appears to mesh perfectly with your explanation for why you skipped the most
    recent Charger game. I think we do agree on why those who actually go to the games may be less enthusiastic
    about losing than those who don't. You are right, no matter how you phrase the
    "losing is good in the long run" argument, some of us are never gonna buy it. I know you view
    yourself as being very logical, but your position looks more emotional to me.

p.s. I'm with the puppet guy...those chairs look like the ones my grandma put out for show...
    spiffy looking, but not real comfortable. I can say nothing but nice things about the Gates jersey, though:
    powder blue...and there's not a guy in this league that represents the sport any better.
    One genuine suggestion: A large, colorful, canvas wall hanging...they're light, and Costco
    etc. can make one up to 60"x 40" from any picture

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    [​IMG]

27. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    Yes, I still watch them over any other game, if the Chargers are playing, I don't care if it's the preseason, or they are 1-10 (remember them beating KC to avoid going winless?), I will watch them

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    :roflmao:

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    I was at that game. It was my first year as a season ticket holder too. My wife (then girlfriend who is a Green Bay fan) fell asleep during that game too. Also during that game, CBS cut away from it to cover the Florida election re-count so unless you were at the stadium, you didn't see the ending.

30. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +491
    I don't remember missing the ending, good thing that I have forgotten so much of that/those season(s)