1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pseudo-Official Balls-n-Birds Chargers @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,396
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Concerned Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +214
    I was at that game too. I don’t remember who KC’s normal starting QB was back then, (I think it was Elvis Grbac, but I’m not positive) he was injured or something so backup QB Warren Moon called the signals for the Chiefs, and it was during the very latter stage of his Hall of Fame career.

I also remember the parody songs that radio local radio stations were playing as our losses were adding up – my favorite one was “Everybody Beats You”, created when we sank to 0-8 and sung to the tune of the Billy Squire hit “Everybody Wants You”.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,353
    A local DJ was living on a billboard and wouldn't come down until the Chargers won a game. I remember listening to the post game show and they interviewed that DJ. He had a TV so he could watch the game. Didn't know that CBS cut away from the game until that DJ mentioned it.

That was also the era (or error) of the ticket guarantee where the city would pay for any unsold tickets to lift the local blackout.

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I've had German beer, having travelled there before. It's not to my taste, overall for Europe I prefer Belgian beer, although of course there are exceptions.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the explosion of craft beers in San Diego, but your statement of American beer tasting like watered down beer is like comparing Budweiser to a good German beer. Try an IPA from SD, and you'll find that if your piss tastes like this, then you're probably going to be dying soon.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,396
    The local beer scene is more more experimental, interesting, and flavorful than anything coming out of Europe these days. People think of SD as being laid back, but the brews are seriously kick ***.

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Well, I've never been in Germany, so I can't attest to the characteristics of fresh German beer...:cry:
    but I will agree with the "Angry Birds" guy that fresh beer is in a whole 'nother class,
    and--given the Germans' rep for brewing--I expect that I'd love fresh German beer.

I am a bit confused, however, by the frequent use of the phrase "tastes like watered down piss."
    It implies some familiarity which, frankly, may move me to borrow the loser quip: "TMI!!"
    I've heard dozens of people forcefully use the term...as if to stress that they really know what they're
    talking about. Were I ever to join their number, and actually consume urine...well, I think I probably
    would choose to water it down...significantly! I guess I'm just no purist. :unsure:

7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +492
    Well, this thread is going places now...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    Love it!, you are a legend in your own lifetime!!.

9. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    Wow. Condescend much?

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Much?
    No, just where appropriate.
    A) I was no more forceful re. "lose to win" than was the person I was responding to.
    B) The other person had already offered a definition of "fair weather fan"...which he also seemed to fit.
    C) I used to drink more than I do know. Reading anything judgmental into that would be an error.
    I was responding to a silly, unnecessarily defensive "Well, let's see YOUR bar" taunt.
    So, the first two...sure...but it was an appropriate, proportionate response. Last one is an imagined slight.

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Don't even bother. Talking with someone about this topic when they place an infinite value on the temporary emotional high of winning, regardless of the circumstances, and no value on the opportunity afforded by selecting higher approximates trying to have a rational discussion about the reasons for quitting with a heroin addict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Wow! Heroin?!? That's quite a "high road" you take there
    when lecturing about the alleged but admittedly uncertain superiority of hypothetical future wins to actual (now) wins.