1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Punt/kick coverage Schottenheimer's special concern

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Aug 21, 2006.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
    <blockquote>By Jay Posner

Kassim Osgood might have been headed to the Pro Bowl last season as the best special teams player in the AFC when he suffered a torn pectoral muscle and missed the final four games.

Osgood is healthy again this summer and, judging from comments by his head coach, he's already in midseason form.

"In my memory," Marty Schottenheimer said, "I can't remember ever seeing a guy better in coverage teams than (Osgood). The guy's the best I've ever seen. He's got size and he's got speed and it's important to him. I mean, they can't block the guy."</blockquote>
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060821-9999-1s21chnotes.html"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>