1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Q&A: Shawne Merriman

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 21, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Here's an interesting interview with Shawne Merriman. What do you all think?

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    Great Read!!

Well, except for 1 wannabe WR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Ah, that's music to my ears! :thumbup:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh, hell yeah!! :tup:

If you aren't in it to win it all, find yourself another job or team. I think we all only want guys who want to be champions on this team.

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Damn, this guy’s attitude is so great, he’s a natural leader who will NEVER rest on his laurels.

Shawne’s value to the team cannot be measured by statistics alone. We HAVE to make sure he is a Charger for life.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hope so TK. I just don't know HOW AJ is going to pull off signing all these ProBowlers. I still have faith he can do it, but let's face it, one or more of those studs is going to have to take the Dielman type, San Diego discount. I hope they choose winning multiple Super Bowls over a few million more in cash like Dielman did. Still laughing how Dielman stiffed the Seahawk owners and management when he went there and they treated him like royalty with the private jet, jersey, limo, dinner and all that. Hilarious. :lol:

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Him saying "one game at a time" is very good. It is one game at a time. The one or two things marty said that did make sense.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I think he maybe one of the harder ones to keep. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but he could be lured away by a team closer to his home in Maryland.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Its gonna get really weird with new contracts and future contracts from here on out what with the salary cap possibly ending in 2010.

I'm having to guess but the only way teams will stay somewhat solid is drafting well to keep stocking the teams cause they're gonna loose players to idiot rich teams. The problem the chargers are gonna have the next two to three years is we'll be drafting so far down the draft pecking order in the next two to three years.

We've got a window of two to three years. And who knows what comes after that.