1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Q & A with Mark Fabiani.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I received messages from http://www.myspace.com/save_the_chargers

in regards to a Q&A session with Mark Fabiani regarding the stadium issues. If this carries any weight and gets moving forward, who would be interested in attending from here? Trumpy was upset from the last Q&A involving the other board... Now's a chance to get a face to face to see for yourself.

----------------------------
    Yea that would really be helpful. Ive got to get a general head count to Fabiani before anything else is put together. Including yourself whats about the ball park figure of people you would bring. Once I get that to him he said it would be about 3 weeks to have it. Do you know what the largest fan sites are? I want to add them to this group if they havent already joined,.

Let me know

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Sep 10, 2007 10:13 PM

I was at the Chargers.com special invite closed practice Q&A during training camp. I've been kind of swamped with work, but I've wanted to get an article done on the stadium issues. I'd definitely be interested and given some notice, I could probably put together a good group of questions from many concerned fans from some of the charger fan sites.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Sep 10, 2007 3:49 PM

Did you go to the game?? Man I loved seeing all those Bears fans heartbroken. Hey I wanted to ask you something. I just spent the last 20 min talking to Mark Fabiani special council for the Chargers staying in SD( you probabaly already knew that). We talked about the this myspace group and he had some insight about things that we could be doing to help the cause to KEEP THE CHARGERS IN SD !!! If you had a sec we should talk. Fabiani was discussing the possibilty of having a Q&A session hosted by the Chargers at Chargers Park that would be for the fans from myspace(and anyone who wants to attend). He said that a he and some key people would speak and a few players will be there too. Refreshments would be provided. I told him that I wanted to first contact the true supporters who could rally their friends to attend before we went ahead with this. Thats why Im emailing you. When you got a sec email me back

GO CHARGERS!!!

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    That is one helluva "OFFICIAL" Page...

The first photo is of Merriman looking a bit skinnier and the second photo is below... Now, thats OFFICIAL.

[​IMG]

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Uh...I'm sorry...I was distracted, did you say something? :tup:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TBF again."

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you get something put together, I will attend. The reasons I was upset was due to lack of professionalism on the part of people sponsoring this event. I do not wish to get specific and have PM'd 'Roo and I consider the matter closed.

What I have learned is that independent sites such as this need to not worry about "other" sites and we just need to focus on what is happening here. Enough is enough and this petty BS wars between Bolt sites is dead to me .......That said ....

I had a list of questions I submitted and had a handfull of whom I consider good and reliable acquaintences attend but my questions were not answered.

I would like to ask them myself and not to be adversarial or anything.

I feel the fans deserve an explanation that is not construed to the far away fan as sugar coating or pulling the wool over our eyes that nothing less than a "best effort" was indeed put forth by the Spanos family. These dudes are residential developers. I know that game and was an executive manager for a company even larger than theirs doing exactly what they are trying to accomplish....make a buck.

Even if I am not invited ask these questions and do not back down if you are not given a good answer.

1. Why did the Spanos family not pursue in making the City an offer for the land instead of asking for something for FREE?
    Note: If the response is "Dan Aguirre the City attorney" then ask why not post performance bonds to cover contingencies? Bonds are not released (the developers money held in an escrow account) until the City is satisfied as per plans. This pretty much silences the "watch out for the city attorney" excuse.

2. The Indian nation has said they are willing to be a developmental partner and have financed projects off reservation land yet the Chargers claim to have no developmental partners?

Which is it?

3. I have more questions.

........ask those two for starters and if for some reason anyone from this site gets blackballed from attending because, you know, we ask hard questions....ask them anyway.

5. Den60

Den60 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    They would not be offering "fair market value" for the land since the highest and best use of the property would be for multi-family residential and light commercial - not a sports stadium (or a park for that matter). The fact that the Chargers' plan would replace the aging, maintenance deferred city owned stadium with another brand new city owned stadium (that would bring more Superbowls to the region) while putting in other infrastructure improvements and not asking the city to chip in is a pretty good starting point - one that was dead-on-arrival when put in front of the council of idiots that San Diego considers its leaders.

I doubt the NFL would smile on an NFL team being closely associated with the "Indian Nation" since the latter is heavy into gambling.

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Wasn't there talk of more of a marquee with Sycuan during the last expansion? I don't think the NFL was keen on the idea at the time. Certainly MLB didn't like the idea at the time.

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A fair market value of the land would be compromised by the contaminated soils for starters and then supported by what surrounding land is selling at per square foot.

Getting a cost to alleviate the contamination is not real hard to do or compute.

The point is that it was NEVER DONE. The Chargers wanted the land for FREE in exchange for future revenue streams generated from taxes and stadium events.

I would have at least thrown the City Council a financial BONE given the dire straights of the Cities budget. It is a lifeline of money to help out immediately is my other point.

The Indian Nations revenue stream have never been attached with a criminal element such as the days of early Las Vegas. The point here is they (the Indian Nation) stepped up to the plate as a developmental partner yet the Chargers say no one is willing to share to responsibilities as a master developer. This is blatantly contradictory.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You must have had indians scalp family members. Get over it.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yeah I was contacted as well, and asked if we could reserve 5-6 slots for BT members. We'll keep you guys posted for more info.

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Ok, I got some more info on the possible Q&A session. Jeremy from the save the chargers myspace page, told me Mark Fabiani is willing to meet with however many Charger fans. But we need to get a head count .

Chargers park can accommodate around 100 fans. If more are willing to attend, he will try to set something up at the "Q". Once we get an accurate head count, Fabiani said that it will take about 3 weeks to setup a meeting. One last thing, the meeting would be on a weekday in the early evening.

Spread the word and post on this thread if you are willing to attend.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Ahhh.... wha..................................:icon_eek:

Oh, were you sayin.............

Ahuminahuminahuminahuminahuminahuminahumina!!!!!!