1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

QB Manning To Announce Retirement

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Feb 27 (Reuters) - Quarterback great Peyton Manning is expected to announce his retirement within a week, the Denver Post reported on Saturday.

The newspaper reported that after meeting recently with Denver Broncos general manager John Elway, "Manning is certain" the time has come to call it a day.

Manning helped the Denver Broncos defeat the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl earlier this month.

SEE ALSO: Watch Stephen Curry break his own record for three-pointers

The victory was his second National Football League championship in a storied career in which he was named the league's Most Valuable Player five times in 17 seasons, 13 with the Indianapolis Colts and four with the Broncos.

Manning, who turns 40 on March 24, said after the game that he would contemplate his future before making an announcement, and it has been widely assumed that will retire.

Elway told NFL.com on Thursday that he would not pressure his quarterback to make a decision and that the pair planned to meet again in the next week or so.

"I met with Peyton a couple nights ago and we had a good talk," Elway said.

"As I said after the game, we'll give him as much time as he needs. He still needs some more time so we're going to afford him that time. He deserves it after 18 years in this league."

Pointy (Hot off the presses) :cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Not so fast!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nt-story-which-is-revised-by-the-denver-post/

The Broncos have openly disputed an item in the Denver Post that reported Peyton Manning will retire.

Peyton has not made a decision on his future,” Broncos V.P. of public relations Patrick Smyth said on Twitter. “Plan remains for him to continue talks with the team this week.”

Meanwhile, the story from Woody Paige of the Post has been revised. The following sentence has been removed: “According to two sources, Manning will acknowledge his decision by the end of this week.” It now says this: “I’m told Manning will acknowledge his decision by the end of this week.”

The headline continues to declare that Manning “will ride off into the sunset.”

Maybe he will, but according to the Broncos that decision hasn’t been made. If it has been made, it hasn’t been communicated to the team.

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Maybe he will just go off riding into the sunset in a Papa John's sponsored golf cart...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    peyton-manning-papa-johns.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    ^^^ this proves Peyton Manning is a genius.

(To the Nationwide tune)
    "Pizza munchies makes me rich"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    From the looks of things, that is going to be all she wrote on this one. Fivehead will retire from the NFL. (There is a rumor that one of the big cable companies wants to rent him out by making him wear a foil hat and he can tune in to remote broadcasts as a human satellite dish.)