1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

QB Slump? Define Slump!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JTango32, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JTango32

JTango32 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I won't rehash the UT article that shows Philip Rivers is the highest rated QB in the money quarter, the fourth, nor will I point out the obvious that the Chargers are 5-0 and on a nine game winning streak when Rivers numbers began declining including a mismanaged clock handling GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN PASS of a drive against the seattle seahawks, but here is some food for thought, did anyone bother to check out the week 16 performances of the two quarterbacks that could've become the Chargers signal-callers, one michael vick and eli manning??? Hmmmm.....
    Trader Smith is pushing all the right buttons... :helm1:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He's pressing. It's obvious.

3. RAIDOOORS!...suck

RAIDOOORS!...suck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    at least he doesnt kill the team like grossman. if duuhhh bears get behind in the playoffs i.e. the 4th quarter grossman will make sure that the bear D gets worn out after he gives the ball away a few times:icon_rofl:

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Gawd I hope we get to the bowl game and win to shut alot of people up. We will prove you dont need a "peyton manning" to win a super bowl.

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah, he can rebound from mistakes unlike Grossman

6. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I want to preface this statement by saying I luv Drew Brees, and am cheering his every TD pass in N'awlins.....but Drew had basically the same team, and took us to 9-7 albeit a tougher schedule. Wins is all that counts for QB stats.

Rivers keeps his mistakes to a minimum, the biggest one I can think of was pick 6 in Denver, and we all know what he did after that. I just believe Rivers has "it" when it comes to overcoming adversity, and his 4th quarter QG rating is a decent indicator of his skills.

I see Big Ben's first playoff run when he led a 15-1 team end against New England............so I hope Rivers shows his first can go farther than Brees or Big Ben, or Eli for that matter, McCree can tell you how well he did in his only playoff game!!!!

If he keeps his mistakes to a minimum, his running game and Defense can win most games, he can get away with making a few key plays when it counts and this team can win the Lombardi!!!!:ABQ2: :ABQ1: