1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quaterbacks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SD Native WY, Dec 4, 2008.

1. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Why does NFL network talk so much about a quarterback that doesn't ( Jamarcus Russell )and not more about a quarterback that does (Phillip Rivers). I guess its what is news worthy more than performance.

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I hate claiming conspiracy, but it seems like it kills the media to admit that anyone on the Chargers other than LT is good. They do everything they can to avoid talking about how good anyone else other than LT, and sometimes Gates is. Even if it means talking about how "good" someone like Russell is.

This is why I respect Collinsworth more than any other announcer now. He said it tonight, something to the fact that having a strong arm means little to nothing in this league. It's all about accuracy and completions. Take note Cutlet.

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I was watching on nfl.com broadcast, and those guys were hammering Russell as the next in a line of busts for the raiders. It wasn't even funny after a while. They just took the bat to him all night.

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    The Raiders are a mess. Rod Woodson said that Russell didnt make the production meeting for the team. They were calling him and when they finally got hold of him, he said he was coming and never showed up.

He still started, wasnt fined and that is part of the reason the Raiders suck and why Russell wont be a good NFL QB. He doesnt want to work for it.

I love the dysfunction of that team :yes:

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    It's pretty damned funny watching an arch rival be wretched year, after year, after year...no matter what they do or who they sign. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Here's to a long life for "Uncle Al" :icon_toast:

6. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    Russell and McFadden. Both talented players being ruined in Oakland. Too bad for them. The Turds have had so many high draft picks and they're polished them into crap. It's almost a kiss of death to get drafted by Al Davis on draft day. I'm surprised Bust(er) Davis wasn't a Raider selection.

Aside from Russell and McFadden , I can think of Robert Gallery who also was selected high and busted. Huff? Walter? any others?

How can so many highly regarded players get selected by Big Al and then go into the toilet when they get to the NFL?

7. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    McFadden maybe, Russell not so much. He had bust written all over him coming out of LSU. Rocket arm, nickel brain works alright in college, not so much in the NFL. He can't read defenses and makes poor decisions.

8. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I thought Collinsworth had alot of nice things to say about Rivers.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I heard tons of negative things said about the Raiders last night. And some good things as well as some bad things (mostly true) about the bolts. It shouldn't bother people when commentators don't praise the bolts with every breath.

They hype Rusell because he could be a future star. That is their job.

10. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I was mostly talking about the commentary before the game started. They stated Jamarcus was the man and a franchise QB with the strongest arm in the NFL. Guess not!!!!

11. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Philip Rivers and LaDainian Tomlinson will show it next year.
    The media guys will wonder what the team can do on the field.

12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    True the guy's got a bazooka for an arm, but he can't read a defense to save his a$$ and he has no line help anyhow.

But I heard the exact opposite on the radio broadcast on Westwood One (Enberg and Denny Green)...Green went on about how Russell's footwork sucks, his mechanics are horrible in terms of not having a consistent arm slot causing him to be wild with his throws and how he dips his head when he steps up in the pocket, often resulting in him losing sight of what's going on around him and eventually fumbling when he gets hit.

I guess the question is, is his problem himself or his team? I'm thinking it's both...

13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    His mom lived to 103! :tup:

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Strongest Arm, 10 Cent Brain......:yes:

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    I feel bad for Jamarcus - he has so much potential and no one to guide him. That's really the problem with the whole team - lots of talent and potential but the only one who has any real control is an old man who has lost his mind...

I heard a rumor that he wanted to give back all the money if they Raiders would just let him walk... I don't know if it's true or not, but I could believe it :icon_shrug:

16. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I used to think that until I saw for myself that he can't read defenses for crap. He should know that stuff by now, and it should be second nature for him. It's not, and I believe that since he's already at the professional level it's too late for him. He should have been cultivating that skill since high school.

Jamarcus is a bust getting close to Leaf level.