1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quentin Jammer's Lost Season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Jammer bouncing back, off the field and on
    Written By
    Kevin Acee

“I was going through a divorce,” he said. “It’s hard playing football when so much is on your mind.”
    Last year was different. He tried to keep his unraveled personal life a secret, but soon teammates and coaches knew. He practically sleepwalked through practices, meetings and even games.

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Never been through a divorce, but I know all too well how easily a life that seems ideal to the casual observer can suddenly fall apart. I really feel for the guy.

With me, it was a diagnosis of bipolar disorder after years of erratic behavior that got me in trouble in a number of areas of life. On the surface I was successful, made good money and had everything I'd ever wanted; but just below the appearances, I was a hot mess. I did things that pissed people off and alienated my family, and my performance at work sucked rocks.......but I never told anybody how bad things really were until I couldn't hide it anymore.

The take-away lesson here being, it's almost always best to let the folks around you know that you're going through a bad patch and ask for help, instead of letting them wonder what the hell crawled up your rectal vault that's rendered you incapable of functioning. This 'stiff-upper-lip' crap we do to save face is for the birds.

OK, vent over. Best wishes to Quentin for a less-stressful life and a much better season!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Hopefully getting his head clear will help him not look 3 steps behind the play.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I feel for the man, I went through a similar situation a few years back and it threw me for a loop. It's not something I'd ever want to revisit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I never been through a divorce and never plan on it but I have had my emotions so rattled that being unable to eat, sleep became serious issues.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Wow. I always thought how happy he, his wife and boys were. Pics can be deceiving obviously. Hope he can get it together, he has a mulligan for me for 2011 then, when I thought he was done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You just never know. Probably the best part of him not playing in a major media city is that this didn't become news until after the season, allowing him to go through this outside of the media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Or, you can chalk it up to the ineptitude/discretion of the former U-T Chargers beat writer.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I remember hearing Norv say that Jammer was dealing with issues in his personal life, and that he would not consider moving him in to saftey and that he was definitely still considered a CB.

I'm sorry to hear that it was divorce he was going through and that he was battling through depression as a result :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    But fans don't give a crap that Norv is a good person, they only care about wins, even if their coach is like Greg Williams...... tells you something about fans, doesn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1