1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I am curious about how everybody will view this season if we happen to lose on Sunday. Don't get on my case, I believe we are in the best position of any post-season team to hand a loss to the Pats (we are a steamroller right now). I was just mulling the season over and thinking how I would feel about the season as a whole if we lost on Sunday. Its been quite a roller coaster these past 18 weeks, and I'm extremely proud of how this team has answered at gut check time. I for one would consider this a successful season (after I got over the extreme depression) if we were to lose on Sunday. Just an idle curiosity.

2. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I go into every season with the feeling that anything less than the Lombardi trophy is a failed season, I know some people might feel different, but every team plays for one thing and that is to walk away Super Bowl Champions. We need to put the finishing touches on this season for it to be a successful season, in my opinion. Go Bolts :icon_toast:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm not getting on your case but I don't want to think about that right now.

4. pulherst

pulherst BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Considering the way your season started, I'd think most fans would be happy. I think SD has made good improvement. The only areas of concern seem to be overall consistency that of the quarterback.

5. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    In my opinion, even if we lose, this has been a successful season. We had growing pains at the beginning of the season - but when it came together we've been a very formidable football team. Norv has done his part by getting us 2 playoff wins, which is what the team needed. Teddy has made our defence better, in my opinion. And we now have winning playoff experience.

6. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    I want nothing more than a Super Bowl victory, but I feel good about the season as is. I feel like the team exorcized some demons regarding the post season and the amount of young talent on this team is very promising for the future.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Timing's everything and no one here is thinking about after the season

NO ONE

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Good Question. I'll have to get back to you on sunday night:flag:

GO BOLTS!!!!!:abq2:

9. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Ditto...Go Super Chargers!:icon_banana:

10. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm not in surrender mode by any means! I can't wait for Sunday and a little retribution. This game is all that I've been thinking about since week 2 (believing that we would be here). Yes I said believing, even when we were 1-3, 4-4, & 5-5. I stated that I was just mulling over the roller coaster of a season and was wondering out loud about how I would feel 'IF' we were to lose Sunday. That said, lets nut up, go out Sunday and leave everything on the field!!!

Go Bolts!!! :icon_twisted: