1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for people who have visited camp

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by maestro876, Aug 13, 2008.

1. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I don't live in San Diego, so I haven't been able to visit camp in person. I would like the input of those who have been able to visit and observe camp themselves.

Nearly every report I've read, be it from the UT or elsewhere, focuses almost exclusively on how well the defense is doing. So-and-so made a great interception. This guy had a great move to knock away a pass.

All this makes it seem like the offense is performing horribly, and that Philip is throwing pick after pick.

What does the offense actually look like? Is Philip accurate? Are the receivers getting open and making catches on a consistent basis? Is the line protecting Philip and opening holes for the backs?

Thank you very much for your input.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No the offense is not playing horribly, just vanilla. Nothing fancy, no trickery.

Rivers looks great, Sproles and LT are light out...
    The receivers are doing well...

3. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Well I haven't been to camp either, but having Gates, LT, and the full playbook, and Hardwick eventually, should transform our whole offense.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I've been to quite a few practices, and I think the DB's have earned this...

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/07/28/sports/chargers/z95c215d40da478678825749500119877.txt

Best cornerback duo?

Chargers receivers get a tough test every day in practice with cornerbacks Antonio Cromartie and Quentin Jammer lined up across from them.

Veteran Chris Chambers is among the players who believes that the receivers face better cornerbacks in practice than they ever do in games.

"No doubt in my mind," Chambers said. "They make us get better every day. They both have a tremendous amount of ability. When you go against guys like that every day, it really makes your job easier when you go out and play other teams and the guys at corner aren't so good."

Cromartie broke out in 2007 with an NFL-leading 10 interceptions in just his second NFL season. Jammer had just one interception, but Chargers coach Norv Turner regularly raved about his performance.

"I find it hard to find a better set of corners in the league than what we're playing with," Turner said.

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I have viewed camp on 5 different occasions. The majority of the time, the offesnse is very lax and vanilla. It's as if they are doing half speed run throughs.