1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for San Diego Locals

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carrie1219, May 26, 2008.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Who can give me the name of this bar.

"There used to be a bar by the tracks off of Rosecrans, probably 25-30 years ago... I can't remember the name of the place.. It was a warehouse looking bldg. near a four lane highway. Big bands play there all the time".

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wonder if that's the strip joint near the Presidio :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The only joints that makes me think of are Brick by Brick and the old Soma. But I'm not sure how long either of those has been/was around nor if they're quite in the same area you're talkin' about. :bolt:

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I was thinking of SOMA too, but I think it became the new Casbah 15+ years ago, and the old Casbah became Club Velvet. Also I think that place may have been called Club Bulk back then.:icon_shrug::icon_toast:

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    First thing that came to me was The Bachanal ( spelling?) but i dont recall that being near Rosecrans.

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We found it... "The Palace"

Anyone remember that place?

(reps tomorrow for those that responded... :icon_mrgreen:)

7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Went there for New Year's back in the early '80s.......don't remember much about it though!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You're talking about SoMa in it's second location.

It was on Metro Street just the other side of the river from the only spot where Rosecrans comes near the tracks at the old town transit center.

It was in a former warehouse back then. I know Smashing Pumpkins played there, plus other well known bands.

It shut down for a while, then re-opened not far from there on Sports Arena a little less than 10 years ago.

Oh, it's not a bar either. It's all all ages place and concert venue. No Alcohol served.