1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question From A Fin fan

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by oggieman, Sep 25, 2009.

1. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Got a question about the Bolt's D. Do the corners play a physical, jamming type of coverage at the line; or do they drop back into a soft coverage?

Just trying to figure out how Ted Ginn will do this week. If the corners are good at jamming, she is done. Can't recover and maintain her route because she is a coward. If they play her soft like the Colts did, then she can catch her short passes.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Depends... but yeah... the corners are at their best when playing the jam type. And I'm guessing we'll be playing a lot of man to stop that run early on. Because... we can't stop the run for shiit.

It's not likely that Ginn will be the star receiver. Bess, Camarillo, Fasano will light it up though. Our LBs can't cover for shiit.

3. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    If you don't jam Ginn, he's going to dink you all day long. And if the safeties are focusing on the run, I doubt the corners will jam him because if they miss he's gone for 6.

As for the receivers you may want to watch for this weekend, Brian hartline is going to get a lot more action. He was definitely the best in preseason; and he's the best route runner.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not worried about yuor passing game. The running game worries the hell out of me though.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Fine... Brian Hartline will be the receiving star.

It will not be Ms. Ginn, though.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice attempt at misdirection, since you know that Norv comes here for his game plan. :icon_tease:

Seriously - the only way Ginn beats us would be on ST. It's Ricky & Ronnie that I'm much more concerned about.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    We're bi-polar in that department.

#1 CB Jammer is a physical guy that wants to play man and knock the **** out of you at the line.

#2 CB Cromartie would rather be playing flag football. Faster than hell, but goes for the INT rather than the big hit 100 out of 100 times.

So it totally depends on scheme and how they choose to match 'em up against your WRs.

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Perhaps, ...but with Penningtons weak arm it may give our CB's some catchup time....lol

Seriously we wont be jamming them at the line the whole game. Nobody does that all game long but they will do to Ginn what they see works best on film.

But like everybody else said, we need to stop the run first. Damn i have to start Ricky on one of my FFL's because Barber is hurt.

Anyone think i should sit Ginn in the other one and start Chambers instead? Could be a good game for him this week.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Miami was playing a rookie corner vs. Indy and Manning lit him up.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    yep, not too worried about our corners covering. Or our safteys covering. Its the run game that the chargers have to stop. We get that figured out and the chargers will blow out the fins 50 to nuthing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Love your optimism, foobs!!! :tup: :bolt:

12. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    The rookie corner Sean Smith did not get lit up; he wasn't the problem. watch number 24 carefully this week-he's due for a pick.

13. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    LMAO!!!

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Every time you line up in the wildcat, someone should be over Pennington to dust his azz. We'll see how long Sparano sticks with it if that happens a few times. :icon_twisted:

15. GBERP73

GBERP73 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    ok here, just as ted ginn to learn how to catch easy ball thrown to him and worry about chargers corner later. ok

16. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    I have Chambersd and Ginn on one of my teams and started Ginn but neither did crap. What the hell is up with Chambers? They dont get him involved in the games.

17. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Trade both for Vincent Jackson.

18. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Yeah that will happen in a league with a bunch of Charger fans.

19. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    The way Ginn was face-planting in front of everything that was thrown his way you would think that he either had money on the Chargers to win on has our defense on his fantasy team.....or he may just suck...either way, I am happy with the end result. Weren't the Dolphin fans bagging on him on their forum before the game?