1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question mods...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    ...is there an icon or symbol that can be added to a thread as soon as it is derailed into another "I hate A.J./I hate Norv" thread? It would make it easier to skip those. Thanks.

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Oh.....kinda like an UN-Sticky? ;)

I know that on the other website I moderate, we sometimes merge several similar threads into one and make it a sticky, so instead of having 500 threads on the same topic we just have the one. That works in theory, but unfortunately, it doesn't stop the more determined members who WILL have their say no matter what we do, and they can always be counted upon to display their mentally incontinent state in a separate thread.

Human nature being what it is, the sound and fury will die down once the postseason is over. Winter will go on, then spring, then summer.........and by the time training camp opens, we'll all be rarin' to go again, Norv or no Norv. :D

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

That picture in your avatar is hauntingly familiar and for the life of me, I don't know why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Mods can make a subforum, for serious message board discussion and they can make it private so only invited serious discussion members can be permitted to enter. Then all the univited members can talk about whatever they want. Eventually you'll have to make a separate subforum for the disgruntled univted members to call their own. Actually, mods should make a suggestion forum for suggestion threads related to the operations of the board. Hey, it's just my opinion.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Like it or not, until SD has a SB or they are fired, there will always be people who hate them

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I don't think the ignore feature has a limit.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Can the Mods? No.

Can the Admin, possibly. But such an application would be very subjective and lead to further complains and arguments as to how it is applied.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Use it early and often.

9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Nonsense, how could anything an Admin do lead to more complaints???

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    That's nice in theory, but in practice it would lead to a dead visible portion of the board and make the forums uninviting to potential new members.

Makes us almost seem xenophobic in a way.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    The issue isn't that people hate them. The issue is how, when, where, and how often those people choose to express that hatred.

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Please don't take anything I say that uses the phrase "serious message board discussion" seriously.:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    We do have a "sticky" thread or two for discussing Norv/AJ and threads/posts do get moved there but there's only so much moving we can do without putting EVERYTHING into those sticky posts :p

I reccommend the ignore feature if there are certain postsers' viewpoints you want to avoid at all costs - or just clicking out of a thread if you see it's starting to head in an undesirable direction. If something is truly a bother, PM a mod or report the post to us and we will see what we can do case-by-case.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly. I started a thread the other day about the Broncos potentially getting screwed by a bad call that couldn't be reviewed. It took exactly two posts for that topic, that had nothing at all to do with Norv, to become yet another "Norv sucks/I hate Norv" thread. It was bad enough when we had a couple members do that to every thread, now it seems like almost everyone.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    By the way.

I hate Norv and AJ! They are the reason we have to close threads! hate! hate! hate!

16. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I don't either :D .........it's a glamour shot of my 26-year-old daughter, who looks quite a bit like I did at that age, only thinner and prettier.

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    You deserve to be proud. she is beautiful. This come from a very happily married old man! lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Whoever took that photograph did a great job either by accident or by the complete setting. It's not only the woman in it but the whole scene that lead me to believe I'd seen it before, like it was a still shot from a movie. You should be quite happy because I thought it was a famous shot that I could not place.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Thanks, guys. :) The picture was taken a couple of years ago by my son-in-law, just before Melanie got pregnant the last time. It rather puts me in mind of the scene in "Titanic" where Jack was trying to keep his cool while sketching the picture of Rose wearing the blue diamond necklace.....wearing ONLY the blue diamond necklace.

Sometimes I look at this photo and wonder how such a beautiful girl could've come from this dumpy old broad. :roflmao: But her daddy and I weren't too shabby when we were young---not drop-dead gorgeous, but not barkers either. Guess she got the best of both of us.