1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question to Ant and anyone who agrees with his cynicism

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The defense was ****** last night, I won't deny that.

IF they play like this all season I doubt we go far. (notice "if" italicized)

But here's my question, what do you want us, as fans, to do about it?

Storm Chargers central, pitch forks in hand, and demand they improve?

All we can do as fans is watch the game and hope they win, so why not just enjoy a victory no matter how it comes?

I can't speak for Conc or anyone else, but that's all I've been trying to do and it's kind of a buzzkill to come in here and try to do so only to read posts proclaiming the team sucks and calling anyone expressing joy over the victory homers wearing "powder blue colored glasses".

I'm all for analyzing the team and their chances, but can't we save that for the appropriate threads and the Thursday podcasts?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You are spot on. My failing personally is that I continue to try and prove my point. I shouldnt. People are free to take what ever they want from last nights game.

I think everyone knows where I stand, and you are right. The forum is a major downer, not wht I expected after a hard fought victory.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    A win is a win, but playing like **** is playing like ****. I think we have a right to be disappointed.

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    These are games we used to lose to the Raiders. It is nice being on the other side of it.. Watching the crowd after Sproles TD was priceless.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Well stated. :clap:

Why spend energy blasting each other in the proverbial mouth? We won a division game against an arch rival.

Pretty? Far from it.

Dominating? Not a chance.

Satisfying? Depends on who you ask.

As for me, we're 1-0...and that's enough for today.

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I can agree with that, both games proved that even at the winning teams worst, their hated rival couldn't beat them while at their best.

Not to mention how fuggin tired I am of losing games with 18 seconds left, I'm all for winning one!

7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Games like both winning teams played last night are valuable first game learning experiences. They got the wins, and they sure got educated as to where the weaknesses are hiding.

The Chargers and the Patriots will both be better next week as a result of what they went through last night.

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    We won! 1-0

Rivers showed he is a pimp, and I could swear he walked into that huddle at the end knowing we would win.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

What exactly can we do?

Isn't that obvious? Nothing. A fan doesn't have an impact on a game or a team's decision, or if he does its minimal.

I'm very grateful that we did win and I hope we win them all, I'm not impressed with what I saw on the field last night.

What I choose to take from the game is that while we are 1-0 we have alot of work to do. Patriots same thing. But to bring this up I'm seen as a downer. I was livid most of the game because this is a team we should beat and beat handily. That's not looking past them, that's looking at their team and ours and it being obvious we're the better team from 1-53.

If that's a thought crime on the board then I am guilty. If you don't like it, especially on the podcast, get a new host. It's not that hard.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that last part I concur entirely, that is nice especially considering last year

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Why the hell are you people thowing darts at Ant for voicing his opinion?

While I can't speak for him I for one had a little thing called EXPECTATION.

I EXPECTED a better effort from our side.

I EXPECTED the the Bolts would come out and play hard/fast and kick ***. They didn't, I'm disappointed.

NOW GET OFF HIS BACK ALREADY!!!!

:icon_evil:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So it is OK to voice opinion of how the Chargers suck, but no OK to voice an opinion on the postives Gramps?

Maybe you should step back a bit and realize Ant is giving as good as he gets.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Oh stop the "I'll take my ball and go home" bull crap.

Jesus tap dancing christ. If we fight like this and get all butt hurt over a win, this place will be a carnal house come the first loss...

14. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    We played ******. First game of the season. Raiders have improved, I don't think they're as bad as many people think. If we're still playing ****** by week 4 then I will be upset. Ugly wins happen. Just ask the Patriots.

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Didn't I get in trouble for saying that?

I've expressed my opinion on the Chargers - pardon me for spoiling the party

16. jfyr727

jfyr727 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    We got the "W"! Geez! As a fan; I would think everybody would have faith in the Bolts that they know they need to work on defense. Even though we were lacking last night we STILL won. Keyword: WON!

I stayed up till the early morning hours to see this "W" (Eastern time here) and we got it.

:abq1:

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You are pardoned! Thats the point, you are a dunder head but still my bolt brother. Dont get butt hurt over this! I need to listen to that too.

Botom line, we won, I love it, you maybe not so much...

So what? You cheerin with me against the Ravens?

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Well said and welcome!

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I didn't realize it wasn't ok to point out the positives.

:icon_huh:

I liked the unis.

I love the cheerleaders

I'm glad we won

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :abq2:

21. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Yeah, I liked seeing the raider fans shut up at the end. LOL.

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    guys - this ***** fest needs to end - we're all saying the same thing.

we played like poo - if we play this way all season we're toast - lots of things to work on - but some bright spots too - thank god we won.

no one is right or wrong for having an opinion but maybe we could hold off on raining on one anothers parades (happy or sad)? state your opinions and stop slamming those who don't agree with you. no need to start pointing fingers at one another over things we have ZERO control over.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The Raiders crowd was loud last night. Definately hostile territory...

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    for your amusement

6 positives

Positives
    Good heart and desire by the team to fight on
    Improvement in the offensive line on the last two drives
    Legedu Naane has national 'coming out' party
    Mike Scifres and Nate Kaeding were solid
    Darren Sproles continues to be a hell of a weapon
    12 in a row

Happy? Now can I say that the team performed poorly? Or do I have to go back to confession?

25. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Re: *** OFFICIAL Chargers @ Raiders GameDay Thread ***
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnteaterCharger View Post
    I've said we need to make big improvements. I think this team looks worse then it did at the start at 08 or 07. I feel like I'm thr only one who is acknowledging the problems this team has instead of being swept up in the joy of the victory. In that I'm thr only one who doesn't seem to think it's all sunshine and lollipops.

And FYI I survived in law school by noticing my
    mistakes and faults and working on them. What I'm doing now. People who stuck their fingers in their ears to their failings were kicked out in the first semester

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Ahhh no Syd... I am alqways right, jsut ask me... :icon_tease:

27. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    If this win we had like last night against the Raiders be satisfying, yes. I will be Satisfied the rest of the season then, I will always take the very sloppy wins everyday.

A Win is a Win is a win. Regardless of how it is done. We can improve and that is what we will do is improve.

There is my thoughts.

28. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    My passion goes both ways. I've been pumped up for the 1st game for months now. Then to see the team come out like they did and perform poorly is very frustrating. It immediately begins all the questions in my mind: Start the year slow. Norv can't motivate. LT is declining. on and on and on. The negatives out numbered the positives last night, but the most important one, a win, was a positive.

I for one come to the board to pick up on things I missed. I might post that the OL played like **** last night, but others might point out something i missed which will make me feel better about their performance. Deep down, I probably want an error in any pessimistic logic I have to be pointed out. I'd much rather have good reasons for optimism, because I'm a fan and I want the Bolts to win.

I for one think the community is better with both sides of doom/gloom and blue skies. :icon_toast:

29. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    All I know is we're going to have bring much more against the Ravens than what we brought yesterday.

Regardless a W is a W.

I do think Ant has the right to voice his opinion. It's an open board. My advice to him is just to forget the game and just focus on 1-0 part. That's what helped me get through it.

And Cason's pick :tup:

30. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

No kidding, anyone who isnt droolin sycophantically over Norv's Chargers must be a Raider fan right?:icon_huh:

We can come up with some huge negatives to counter-balance those positives too.
    1. O-line buckled under the pass rush.
    2. Run blocking continues to be non-existant.
    3. Pass rush produced only one sack and a few pressures against a terrible pass blocking line.
    4. Naanee may have had a small coming out, but I'm not even sure Chris Chambers was in the game!
    5. Injuries....nothing new here.
    6. Complete lack of preperation and motivation in the first half. A better QB than Russell would have wiped the floor with our D.

Thank god we didn't lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.