1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions About Charger's Physicality

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/07/week1/1.html

...Perhaps the thing that bothers me most and has been present since the Patsies started running the last nine minutes off the clock in the AFC Championship..is the lack of physicality of the Bolts. It was very disturbing during the pre-season and now has continued into the season. Taking a look at Peter King's rankings here...he dropped the Bolts all the way down from 2nd to 11th. Maybe a little harsh for a last second loss but then again, he sees what a lot of us are seeing. This is a group of guys who were once known as a tough, physical defense nearly impossible to run on. What do they look like now?:icon_shrug:

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I willl say this, one thing we miss is Donnie Edwards tackling ability at ILB. Yes he might have gotten driven back when tackling but rarely missed open field tackles against the run. We got some penetration, but missed more tackles in the gaps in one game then I have seen out of teams in a year. This was a pretty vanilla defense yes, but the tackling has to shape up.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Waters needs to play. Bad. He ain't no puss like Wilhelm.

4. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    The end of the story yesterday was really sad and heartbreaking. But you are right, gridreaper, most of the Bolts'
    player seem to be smoother and weaker than we know it.
    Too much starters have injuries, which maybe don't hurt physically so much, but mentaly.
    In the first half many of them ran around too slow, with no perfect syncronisation or with simply less strengh. I have to ask were the Chargers so bad or the Panthers better than we thought?. The Cats had nothing to loose. It was a zero in their gamebook unless they could manage something.
    For the first time in the last three years the Chargers have been a real SB-contender in the AFC even from the eastcoast media, so forgetting about the slow start last year they just didn't get into the game unless it was too late.
    Maybe when the second Carolina drive got a TD the awakening would have come earlier.
    Like last year Denver has to become the turn around game.
    When they physically match the Donkeys they're in the big game again.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Ya know...we needed this. Jump off the bandwagon sports media! We don't need you. Go back to root for your precious Brette Favre and your favorite, Peyton Manning.