1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pgreenbe305, Sep 25, 2007.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I don't claim to know everything about football because if I did know everything I'd be coaching/ scouting/ playing in the NFL, so... I have one easy question, and I'd like people to chime in on what I am missing:

Why don't we line up with split backs, when we have the "best running duo" in the leauge.

I don't remember, in recent times, seeing Turner and LT in the backfield, and we saw Phili do it a few seasons back with great success, and we see it sometimes in New Orleans (you don't see it as often).

Anyhow, why not use both in play as compared to either/ or? Wouldn't that help keep defenses on their toes?

Thanks- maybe I'm missing something, so that's why I am asking...

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Lack of innovation.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Shhhh.... quiet...

...we're saving it for the playoffs.

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That's funny, how we complained that Cameron would get "too cute", and now we want Norv to shake things up.

It's also funny that both complaints are valid. :lol:

5. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm with you Trumpetdude, but it isn't "rocket science" (no offense to the non-rocket science community- haha).

2 backs- let's describe the possibilities:
    1. Hand off to LT
    2. Hand off to Turner
    3. Screen pass to LT
    4. Screen pass to Turner
    5. Do nothing with either back, and hit Gates
    6. Do nothing with either back and hit one of our mediocre WR (while the front 7 are figuring out which back to go after)
    7. Flea flicker/ play action with LT making the throw

Truth is folks- Norval Eugene could be a lot more creative with the RB talent we have (not to mention the rest of the offensive guys). I hope he wakes up and starts doing some of these fun things. Like jdog- I've got wood just typing/ reading this.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All the chargers have to do is on offense don't run into a stacked d-line on first down time after time. Mix it up. Get a quick short passing game organized. Which they started doing last game.

And on defense cottrell has to figure out he has two of the best pass rushers in the league. But move them around on the line of scrimmage so opposing o-lines will have a hard time figureing out how to set up schemes to block them. And because dobbins is having a hard time with covearge go to a nickle and use weddle alot more till wilhelm gets over his illness.

7. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    i not sure .. but i swear we did line up with split backs with LT in motion that looked like he was goona receive the snap instead of philip rivers .. but what happened was philip took the snap from a shotgun passing the ball from a pass protection !!!

LT might be running this play in the near future if i am right about what i saw !!!

:tup:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!