1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders’ Porter hates Shell, wants trade

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14045675/

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    And Randy Moss had to do a penalty lap.....for being the only receiver to NOT catch the ball in practice which resulted in an INT.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He got worked by Fabian Washington.

A 5' 10" CB worked 6' 4" Randy Moss! :lol:

Cromartie will wind up being a better CB than Fabian and completely shutdown the guy. :icon_mrgreen:

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RAIDERS NOTEBOOK
    Brooks coming into his own at quarterback
    - Bruce Adams, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Coach Art Shell says quarterback Aaron Brooks is showing signs that he's beginning to master the job.

"Aaron is taking big strides," Shell said after Tuesday morning's practice at training camp in Napa. "The light bulb is going off. He's saying 'Oh, OK.' He understands what we're doing."

Brooks, signed as a free agent from the Saints this year, will start Sunday's exhibition against the Eagles in the Hall of Fame game, but that's about as far as Shell will go in officially giving the job to Brooks.

"I don't want to lock anything in," he said, although Brooks is the heir apparent to Kerry Collins over Andrew Walter, No. 2 on the depth chart.

Brooks refused interviews after practice.

Shell plans on giving his quarterback freedom to call some plays -- and most certainly during 2-minute drills and no-huddle situations.

Shell acknowledged that it can be difficult for a quarterback in his first year with a team.

"You can't just come in and say, 'I'm the leader because I'm the quarterback,' " Shell said. "It doesn't work that way. ... You have to do your job."

Shell says he pays no heed to anything he may have heard about Brooks, who had a bad season with the Saints last year.

"I don't pay attention to what somebody else says about a guy," he said. "What you present to me is what I'm going to see. It's been all good so far."

Walking wounded: A number of players battling a series of minor bumps, bruises and tweaks either missed practice or were limited.

They included linebacker Kirk Morrison, center Adam Treu, safety Stuart Schweigert, tight end Courtney Anderson and wide receiver Ronald Curry.

Huddle up: The Raiders will use a different huddle this year, going with a scheme used by the Falcons when Shell was an assistant there in 1997-2000.

The offense lines up in a U, with the quarterback at the open end and everyone bunched together and angled toward him.

"Normally a quarterback in a conventional huddle, guys are to his side and guys are around," Shell said. "In this thing, they're looking right at him and there's a tunnel in there, a funnel for crowd noise. ... They can see what he's saying and they can hear what he's saying."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/02/SPGLQK9DV51.DTL

(FOR THE REST OF THE STORY)

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We should just break his ribs as payback for LT. :icon_mrgreen: