1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders’ Ryan goes on rant in response to loss :lol:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/12/raiders-ryan-goes-on-rant-in-response-to-loss/

Adam Schefter
    Raiders’ Ryan goes on rant in response to loss
    Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Oakland Raiders, Rob Ryan

Crown Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan with the early-season rant of the year that might turn out to be the full-season rant of the year when all is said and done.

For 18 minutes Thursday, Ryan launched into a profanity-laced tirade about his relationship with Raiders coach Lane Kiffin and owner Al Davis.

Maybe the best parts were these — and please keep out of the view of children.

“I’m sure there’s times when you put your work out there and sometimes it doesn’t work out like Pulitzer Prize stuff either,” Ryan said three days after Denver demolished Oakland. “But the difference is when you guys are out there you can hit spell check and after I call a bad one, I can’t hit spell check …

“Hell I’ve been through some tough times.” At which point Ryan lifted his Raiders cap to reveal his salt-and-pepper-colored hair.

“(Expletive), look at this … I’ve got gray. I’ve got it. This is the National (expletive) Football League, you’re not going to be on point every week. Am I (expletive) off about (last) Monday night? You’re (expletive) right. But it’s on me and (expletive) it, enough’s enough.”

After watching the rant — and being highly amused at it — there’s only one thing left to say.

Get that man a Coors commercial!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

here's a great vid to go w/ it
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ac1596

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Kiffin is going to take his monie's worth out of the Davis hide. Kiffin knows he's a lame duck, the team can hear him quack and watch him waddle so no one has really effective control of this team. Kiffin is daring Davis to fire him. He is determined to be the turd in the owner's box punch bowl.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I love how Rod Woodson goes into a tangent about how the Raiders have the talent but need a better coach.

Let's see...
    They have two unproven #1 draft picks.
    An over paid and overrated CB.
    no receiving
    no offensive line

The only somewhat decent talent they have as far as I'm concerned in Kyle Huff.

Sure... The talents all there. They just need a better coach. :icon_huh:

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

I think Bud Light is a better fit:

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius
    cheesy singer (Real men of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Raiders defensive coordinator.
    (Mr. Raiders defensive coordinator)

Cutting off your hippie hair to get respect, you’re living the American dream.
    Getting paid to shut down a slow-witted quarterback…Cutler.

(He’s running free!)

Sure it’s tough motivating a bunch of slugs, but you’re Rob Ryan, soon to be Al Davis’ whipping boy.

(WATCH OUT NOW!)

Several minutes of film study tell you to stick to fundamentals like blocking and tackling. Of course that doesn’t work, but who cares? You work for the Raiders.

(The Age of Aquarius)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, ‘Cause we all know that when the going gets tough, the Raiders collapse like a wet taco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Friggin Brilliant....:tup:

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Let's see...

The Raiders have a good young coach, and Davis runs him off. He goes on to win a Super Bowl as an offensive coordinator, and two more as a head coach. His name is Mike Shanahan.

Later, they have another good young coach who returns the team to prominence. Al probably can't stand it that the coach is getting so much credit, and makes things unbearable. The coach is allowed to leave for a few draft picks. That coach wins a Super Bowl, over his former employer. His name is Jon Gruden.

After Kiffin gets extricated from this situation, he'll probably move on and kick ***.

I love Al Davis, I hope he never dies! :yes:

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Don't worry. I think low draft picks keep him alive.:icon_rofl:

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i've always thought the ryan brothers were great DCs and Rob has done some good work with a pathetic defense but it seems the wheels finally came off the wagon

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    actually the dude cut his hair to donate it to locks of love:icon_shrug:pretty good cause.

but still funny:icon_toast:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I love Lane Kiffin.

He is trolling Al Davis in real life. That man is a hero.

SL is right, I guarantee Kiff will go somewhere alse and be successful.

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I agree with you Ant. I've always wondered what one of them could do with a really elite defense. It'd be pretty scary I think.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Depending he might get fired, and I'd love to put him in a defense with pagano and rivera all together. those are three geniuses of defense and could make for one hell of a brain trust

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347