1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders at Giants

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Oct 11, 2009.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm in the middle of Raiders country watching the Fresno affiliate and they just pulled the Raider game at beginning of 3rd quarter in favor of the Steelers @ Detroit.

I can only imagine the uproar at local watering holes. :lol:

2. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    What a team. :icon_rofl:

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    My guess is the patrons are probably thanking CBS at this point. :icon_rofl:

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    All this does is show me how far apart the Giants and Chargers are. We could never beat a team that badly....A) Because Norv is a ***** with no killer instinct. B) Because our defense would never get off the field that quickly. C) Our offense is predictable without a running game.

The Raiders manhandled us for 3 quarters. All this game does is embarrass the Chargers further.

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Quote of the day from raiderfans.net gameday thread,

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    OH BTW With 3mins left the Lions defense put a halt on the Steelers offense, and now they have a chance to beat them......

I'm just sayin...

7. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I disagree with you to a point. Any time you play a division rival the games are generally hard fought to win. For example KC had a horrible year last year but we only beat them by a collective 2 points if memory serves me right. Any team can win on any given Sunday so I don't take too much stock into who beat who by how much however many weeks ago. There is no arguing the fact though that the Giants would slap as around like an ill behaved child in Wal-Mart.

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The Raiders scored 20pts on us, only thanks to a TD getting taken away from them on a crappy technicality.

They have scored a total of 26pts in their last 4 games, including only scoring 3 against the DIVISION RIVAL Broncos.

Just watching other teams I can see the difference in speed on their defense. Almost everyone flys to the ball and wraps up better than our Chargers, and it pisses me off even more.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Raiders shot their wad vs. Chargers - they also have had some significant injuries since we played them as well.

Even when the Chargers sucked in the dark years there were games when they gave Raiders a run for their money - imagine if the roles were reversed, facing 12 straight losses to the Raiders and they came into our house on opening night?

Chargers have work to do to get to Giant's level but watching them spank Oakland is NEVER embarrassing for bolt fans Mat. An Oakland beatdown is always pure entertainment.

10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

So whats your opinion of the Detroit Lions shutting down the Steelers in the 2nd half and giving their offense a chance to tie the game?

Whats your thoughts on the Cincinatti Bengals going INTO BALITMORE and holding them to 14pts, and beating the Ravens?

I'd take the Lions and Bengals defense over ours in a heartbeat, thats something I never thougt I'd say.:icon_evil:

11. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I say have a little more faith in our team after 4 weeks and several MAJOR injuries.

Pitt came off of a BIG loss the week prior to the Chargers facing them at home. Talk about a chip on their shoulder - they came out swinging. I will not defend the poor play of our boys but I also will not bail on them in favor of the Lions or Cincy. The Lions are a team rebuilding but w/nothing to lose - this is still the NFL and Pitt has consistently faltered all season long at holding a lead in the 4th. Chargers nearly capitalized there as well.

We also came a play or two away from beating the Ravens - today Ray Lewis screwed the pooch, in SD he made the game winning play. Cincy was playing for their DC who lost his wife suddenly on Thursday, a woman who all 52 guys on that team knew and loved in a divisional game that determined who was on top of AFC North.

Do our boys need to play better and work at improving where they have struggled? Of course. However, it's far from over in San Diego and if there's anything we know for certain it's that this team knows how to turn it around. I'll be here when they do will you?

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Goddamn right. Don't count 'em out.

"We didn't lose, we just ran out of time." -Vince Lombardi.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

You think our D has a chip on their shoulder? I'll believe it when I see it, I've never seen this team look less inspired and less physical than they did on SNF in front of the whole world against the defending Super Bowl Champs.

And I think having everything to lose is just as much a motivator as having nothing to lose. Its time the Chargers have some ****ing pride.

Nothing against you Syd, I know your the glass half full type, I'm just sick of the Chargers supposedly having the "most talented team on paper" and only winning 11 of their last 22 games.

14. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Bye weeks can do wonders for a team. If NE can beat Denver I feel pretty good coming out of the bye with a chance for to Rivers to carve up those guys in those awful uniforms.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I believe Rivers can probably pass on them pretty easily.

I have no faith however in our ability to stop Knowshon and the mistake free game manager that is Kyle Orton. I'd rather face Cutler.

16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I meant Pitt had a chip on their shoulder - I sure hope our boys do, b/c they should coming back from the bye at home vs. Denver in primetime. One thing that bodes well for us, we're pretty consistent at winning after our bye week. With Norv and w/out - I do not expect this coming week to be any different. Losing is not an option - not in the next 3 weeks imo.

No offense taken, I'm just saying we've had our time to cry it's time to sack up (fans and the team) and focus on winning. Winning is an attitude - that includes the 12th man. Screw what it says on paper, I dont care what anyone else says, we have the talent to perform better than we did in Pitt and the 1st three weeks we saw consistent improvement from our youngsters and back-ups. We can do this and watching the Raiders get their tails kicked is always a good time ;)