1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders blacked out AGAIN...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,613
    Blackout: No TV for Raiders
    <!--subtitle-->And other assorted wisecracks from Morning Buzz guy
    <!--byline-->By John Ryan
    Mercury News

<!--date-->Article Launched: 09/20/2007 07:58:22 PM PDT

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>The Raiders return to their secret-weapon game plan; they're blacked out Sunday in the Bay Area. For the season opener, they got a 24-hour extension because it was a holiday week, but no such luck this time. Apparently, the NFL ignorantly chooses not to recognize that Sept. 19 was National Butterscotch Pudding Day. Who could take time away from that celebration to buy tickets?
    • The team hosts a wine tasting Sunday in the luxury suites. We hear there's a special 2006 Mad Dog Raiders Reserve Label - hints of antifreeze with a sooty aftertaste. • Taking the game's place on KPIX will be Jacksonville at Denver. Sounds like a close one. Think Jack Del Rio will be fooled by the icing-the-kicker trick?

:icon_rofl:

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Their opener was blacked out??? I'm pretty sure my gf said it was on. But she might be lieing to me!

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,613
    It wasn't...I was just saying they've got another blackout. Probably the first of many this season. I usually don't care what happens to the turds, but they were robbed last week in Denver.

The opener wasn't blacked out because the NFL gave the turds a 24 hour extension.

5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    o, I misread that part. My bad. I was like "Baby, you gotta see if the charger game is gonna be on." Because I was at the game, and she had to stay home in sf and watch the tards. I was getting suspicious about her activities in my absense there for a sec:mad2:

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Wasn't it just last season we were facing the same dilemma?

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't remember the last blackout. :icon_huh:

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I don't think a win would have put the required number of butts in the seats up there - but agree that Shanarat and his pet Zebra pulled off a successful robbery right on the field.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    That was a filthy display of Shanahan's boundless treachery. Even if it was against the turds.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Oakland is wishing they'd thought of it.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Kiffin was too much of a boy scout.

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Raider fans were giving us **** several years ago regarding sellouts and blackouts.

Time for that to boomerang right back in their faces! :lol:

If J-Roc and Brady Quinn had signed on time and been starting for this game, it would have been hyped out of this world and might have been a marquee national matchup.

13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,027
    I don't care for Shanahan or the Donks, but they had a time out, and they called it before the snap, as per NFL rules. I'm not sure what the problem is.

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Mike Pereira, VP of NFL officiating, said that Shanahan told the linesman that he wanted to call timeout right before the snap. He didn't give an actual number of seconds left, just "right befor the snap", whenever it actually was.

According to league rules, this is perfectly legal. As I said before, why the Raiders didn't know about this, since calling timeout before a FG try is almost always done to try to "ice" the kicker, is stupid on their part.

Lane Kiffin, coming from college, obviously didn't know this, but I'm sure he does now.

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I thought it was pretty obvious Shanahan was going to call the TO right before the snap.