1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders Coach Vows To Make Practice As Hard As Gameday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sweets, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Source: Steve Corkran, Contra Costa Times

New coach Lane Kiffin promised to make his practices so tough that his players would feel as if games were easy by comparison. Apparently that didn't go too well with at least one player because the league stripped the Raiders of their final week of organized team activities as a result of Kiffin conducting practices that violated terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Even so, Kiffin managed to get in all the work he desired, and he also sent a message to his players and Raider fans that the negative culture that has enveloped the Raiders for the past four years is being changed. Look for Kiffin to turn this into a positive and for the players to benefit in the long term.

2. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Their offensive line was horrible. Brooks and Walter got killed, the receivers couldn't get much of a chance for catching the ball, Lamont Jordan had little room to run, the key of the offense is the offensive line. Let's hope the Oline is still the ****** Oline it's been for a few years now..hehehe

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  4. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    lol Ant, didn't Art Shell preach this same **** before the Crypt Keeper(Al) jetisoned his ***? :yes:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fuc the Raiders

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Those players are going to have the **** beat out of them BEFORE games, they won't have anything left.

Not that I really give a phuck....:lol:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If they're going to make it like gameday, they better bring in a team to scrimmage with the Turds. The local high school team should give them a good test.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Raiders better get use to being the door mats of the AFC West.

We owe these fuc-kers at least a decades worth of pain just to get even....so fuc em.....fuc em to the pits of hell !!! :icon_evil: :icon_twisted:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He wanted to bring back the hard assed Raider way
    but this is idiotic - practices by their nature shouldn't be as hard as a game because you need practices A) to work on things you messed up on or want to try new during a game and B) to heal up after a game.

10. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Kiffin is trying to be different, I'll enjoy watching him fail!!! San Francisco Bay will rise a few inches from the tears of the Raider fans dismal season yet again...

11. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    My biggest regret about firing Marty is losing his hate of the raiders. He understood how important it is for Charger fans to shove it in and break it off when it came to the raiders. I'd love it if the raiders never won another game from any team for as long as I live.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    This is exactly the type of coach the raiders needed to find. Someone to come in and whip them into shape and not just let the players run the team

Hate to say it, but ive been real impressed with the way he has handled everything so far, how hes taken charge of the team and think this yeah they will move out of the AFCW cellar (passing the chefs)

So far, he has reminded me of Jon Gruden when he first started

13. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    The funniest thing i read in this thread, is that Kiffin wanted to make his practices harder than Game Day.

The Raiders offense and defense gets beat every Sunday. How harder can it get?

14. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    He won't have anywhere near the success Gruden had with the talent on this team

15. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Maybe not right away, but they did have a great draft, and if they have another great draft next year, they could be pretty strong

We of all teams should know how quickly a team can be put together with a couple good drafts

16. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    1. Lamont Jordan is no LaDainian Tomlinson.

2. Their "#1" defense isn't nearly as good as ours. (I for one, think their defensive numbers are skewed because of their poor offense and their secondary reflects how much teams ran it down their throats as opposed to them shutting anyone down).

3. They don't have anyone as seasoned as Drew Brees in 2004.

4. They have disgruntled players

5. They have a young coach who they settled for to take this job. (It's not like they picked him out of a litter).

The raiders SUCK PERIOD.

P.S. Great drafts according to what? Most draftees don't see daylight on the field in their 1st year, let alone make a career out of playing in the NFL. I won't believe it's a great draft until 2 to 3 years down the line, where these guys have established themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    There is no other LT, but that doesnt stop other teams from winning
    Their pass defense was great
    Plus, they have alot of good players (Morrison, Burrgess, Asomugha, Huff, sapp)
    I agree our is better and injurys killed us, but we should be great next year
    Brees was only entering his 4th year and had only started 27 games, The raiders have Josh McCown, who has played in 35 games and started 22, not really much of a difference
    Like who? The only one i can think of was Jerry Porter, but he is back on board since they brought in lane kiffin

Young doesnt always equal bad. Look at Eric Mangini and Sean Payton last year. Also, guys like Gruden was the youngest coach in the history of the NFL for a while (also found by the raiders), he was pretty good

:icon_rofl:
    So back in april, when everyone was saying we had a great draft, you sat here and said, "we wont know for 3 year"?

They got themselves alot of good players (Russell, Miller, Moses, Higgins, Bush, Frampton)

And if they put together another draft like that next year, they should be pretty decent

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Right on, Roo. I believe Marty is 27-7 against the Silver and Black.

I was just watching a tape of our first game against the Raiders last year. Marty on the sidelines saying "Don't let them f**king score!"

Classic! :icon_rofl:

PS. That was also the best announced game I've heard in a very long time. Vermeil and Jaworski are awesome. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Church M'Fer!!!:abq1: :icon_toast: :abq1:

20. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I do think we have to expect oakland to be at least a little better this year though. there defense is good against the pass but remains to be seen how they'll do against the run. really all comes down to how there new blocking scheme works for them. tehy'll likely be a few games better this season not really anywhere for them to go but up.

sure as hell don't miss that feeling:icon_toast:

21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    my only response is, you don't think that Norv is not going to be thinking in his first match up "I'm going to pay those sons of *****es back for making my life a living hell and me a laughing stock!"

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Great strategy. Maybe he doesnt know there are 20 games counting preseason? His team will be so banged up, he wont be able to buy a win :lol:

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Wonder what Alan Iverson thinks of all this...

24. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    And you dont think Turner has an even bigger reason to beat the Raiders hehe :tup:

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Who the fugg is that goofy lookin' white boy?

26. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Haha, very poetic.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Couldn't have said better myself. It's a long season and Tom Coughlin found out the hard way what a great idea it is to beat the crap out of your team in practise. Kiffin apparently thinks he's till dealing with college kids ripe for the bullying, not a bunch of guys who've played their way on to an NFL roster-such as it is.

:yes:

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They may have a chance to get better, but boot camp training and practises wear a team down very, very quickly. No matter how good of shape an athlete is in, recovery time must be a factor, especially in a sport like football. Get on the wrong end of the graph and climbing out of the - end is damn near impossible. That's when your healthy. For those who get nicked, life begins to suck hard when your recovery time is spent beating yourself up some more. Even in a non contact sport like swimming, the teams taper before a meet. Same with track.

29. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He may but he doesnt have the HATE of the Raiders that Marty does. Marty proclaimed it Raider weae and it meant something a little extra.

30. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156