1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders DE Richard Seymour Wants A New Deal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Sep 8, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Jason La Canfora of NFL.com says that he'd be very surprised to see Richard Seymour in Oakland without a new contract. Seymour has one year left on his existing deal and is less than thrilled about being dealt from New England to Oakland yesterday. The sides have a few days to figure things out, and contrary to what Raiders coach Tom Cable said today, there are no issues between Seymour and the Patriots to resolve, according to New England and league sources.

Source: NFL.com

2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Please tell me that the trade would be void if he refuses to play...

If the Patriots get a 1st rounder for free, I'll be pissed.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only the Raiders would trade for a player who is on the downside of their career and doesn't fit their scheme, without evaluating the viability of actually being able to sign him to a contract.

:tup:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    a new contract is the only way this move would make any sense - otherwise the raiders just gave up a first rounder for a player who'll leave at the end of the year (never mind the scheme and other arguments)

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    seems to me if he doesn't report, the raiders can void the trade, no?

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    http://www.raiders.com/team/default.aspx?id=146

He's listed on the roster.

Wouldn't this mean the deal is done?

And if the deal is done... it's up to the Raiders to get a new deal done... with the PLAYER. Right?

So this essentially becomes a situation where a player is "holding out" for a new contract with his current team.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. :lol::icon_rofl:

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_party::icon_party:

though somehow, I don't think this is over

8. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Of course Seymour wants a new deal!

A deal that gets him shipped out of Oakland! :icon_rofl:

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    While I appreciate the humor of the situation there's nothing funny about the Pats getting another 1st rounder. We're loaded and do a great job with the draft. But the same is true of the Pats. The last thing I want is for them to get a top five pick when the Raiders are a trainwreck again this year.

Oakland isn't even our competition any more, so this little thing harming them doesn't really do much for me as a fan. NE, PIT, INDY, and TEN are the teams we're competing with now, and I'm more irked by NE getting an early 1st rounder than I am amused by the Raiders continuing to blow.

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

They'll probably trade it away anyways, and get rich(er) in the process. But that's what the good teams do.

:tup:

I won't stop enjoying the meltdown in Oakland until we get our Lombardi!

:bolt:

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I do wish Al Davis would stop grabbing his ankles for New England.

12. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Forgot who pointed it out in another thread but at least the Pats are minus Seymore this year while we have our roster in tact.

I know AJ doesn't believe in "push years" but we could be losing some talent pretty soon.

But I hear ya. I HATE seeing the Pats regularly getting the better of other teams in trades. If they have a top 5 they could potentially drop down a couple of notches at pick up 2 number ones. With the way they use players and their drafting skills that could be scary.

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Actually the next two years.

BB will have to use this pick on Brady's replacement in 2011 so it is essentially neutral at best for the Pats.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Guys, I don't really give a flock what the Patriots are doing. All I care about is that THIS team, with the talent and coaches in place, win it ALL and bring home that Lombardi. It took AJ and his staff years to build this team. And he even admitted he followed the NE system closely. We will be fine. Let's just worry about ourselves and not worry about what other teams are doing. Nuff said.

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Matt Barkley in 2011. The Pats love those California QBs.

16. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Thing is, Ty Warren has been the best defensive end on that team for the last couple of years.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    rumor has it that because he is a big Ahole, he uses Poligrip so he can enjoy it also.

18. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Of course he wants a new deal. He wants a new deal that will get him the hell out of Turdland.

What a nightmare that guy must be in, I bet he's waiting for someone to wake him up.

19. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    The Pats will sign Brady to a lucrative contract as long as he proves that his mental state is as healthy as his knee.

They will trade away that first round pick. The Pats don't like to pick up high value first round picks and the salaries that they command. They'd rather have multiple picks in the second round.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Stop taking my USC players and forcing me to hate them.

:lol:

21. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Don't worry, Bill doesn't want your boy.