1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders fire another coach

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 29, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 3m3 minutes ago
    Breaking: Raiders have just informed Dennis Allen he is fired.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Didn't someone tweet this yesterday? I guess, it isn't official unless Jay Glazer posts it. ;)

3. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Honestly, that's kind of how I look at it. Glazer is money.

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Well, he is a self-promoter.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Matty, here's your big chance to make the big time all you'll have to do is sign on the dotted line cause no one else will want that job. :D

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Who needs platform shoes.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    And a corset. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    But does he have hair?????

9. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Ian Rapoport tweeted that they fired Allen over the phone.
    :raiderssuck:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Some guy from the AP did. No one believed it because the guy never had this kind of info before. He quickly deleted that tweet & apologized for it.

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    It doesn't matter who the coach is, the entire team is the problem. Top to bottom. It could Dennis Allen, Marcus Allen, or Woody Allen. Allen Funt, or Alan Alda. They suck here in the states, and they suck overseas, the raiduhs suck everywhere...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Lets add Allen to the staff, he and McCoy are supposed to be buds right?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I was suggesting to all the Raider fans that I met Sunday that Allen shoulda been getting his own ticket home from London.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    when the entire organization is in turmoil its not the head coaches fault when they cant win. BUT hey he signed the contract knowing full well he is the scapegoat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    When your entire organization is one giant cluster bleep you can't change everything over night. Hell this was the first year the team wasn't in cap hell with their roster, and they couldn't find anyone to play for them because they sucked for so long. They actually need to commit to one direction and one goal for longer than normal, they keep doing this they'll be stuck in oblivion even longer. Show they are trying to get better, show that the org is steady and consistent and trying to build their way.

To which I just LOL

All I hope for is they hire a HC with a radically different offensive scheme (Rich Rodriguez anyone?) so that they piss away more draft picks (wonder if we could trade for any :))

17. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm actually tired of them being so bad. I think the NFL and our division is better (more entertaining) when the raiders are good.
    I know, I know, blasphemy...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    The true definition of insanity, "Doing something the same way every time and expecting a different result." Al Davis lives!

19. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    It’s not blasphemy, I feel the same way. Beating them when they are horrible is not half as satisfying as beating them when they are good.

When we were sweeping Denver year after year because they stunk, it didn’t raise any eyebrows but when we went to Denver on a Thursday night last season & took them down, the whole league took notice because they were an elite team, the one that ended up representing the AFC in the Superbowl and we’re the only team to beat them at home last year, and it’s the only loss to a divisional opponent that Denver has suffered since Peyton came to town.

20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's getting better all the time!!!!

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I can't co-sign this. I don't know how old you are and how long you have been following the Chargers, but I am an old man and spent A LOT of years listening to their douchebag fans beat their chest and act like a*sholes. I am THRILLED they suck and enjoy their fans hiding down in their holes. It's awesome, and I hope they never regain respectability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    In conclusion Raider fans:

23. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    When your divisional opponents stink & you pad your stats by playing them twice a year, you may think you’re better than you actually are and that just leads to being exposed in the playoffs, with the exception of a few flukes that have occurred.

The NFC West last season was a good example, they featured 3 teams that won 10 or more games apiece, and had San Francisco beaten Seattle & advanced to the Superbowl instead, likely would’ve beaten Denver as well, just probably not as lopsidedly.

When you have to fight like hell just to make it out of your division because there is some real talent there, it leaves you battle tested and more prepared for the high stakes & skill level of postseason play.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    So long as KC and Denver remain viable opponents I don't think this dynamic is too bad with just one ****** team we get to beat on.

I'd agree 500 percent with your arguments if we were talking about whether we want all 3 rivals to suck, but if it's just perpetually Oakland I have no problem with it.

And really, they beat their chests about the 3 rings half of them haven't even witnessed first hand, they'll only be that much more mind numbingly annoying if they're also relevant in the present.

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't think that "Chucky" would be able to turn that team around under the conditions of the way it is being run.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you. But can't we just hone ourselves on Denver and KC? I still enjoy living in a world where the Raiders suck, and their fans are mostly silent because they have nothing to beat their chest about.

27. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I hear you both, and kinda agree – if Denver and KC are both good, then it’s fun trampling the Raiders consistently but for me, beating them is far more satisfying if they’re good, then if they suck & virtually everyone beats them – it’s a greater sense of accomplishment because when they stink, it’s like pounding on a helpless wimp or sleeping with the town whore, and anyone can do that but it’s not as enjoyable as standing up to a bully, and taking them down.

I also want Oakland to be good enough to have a chance of beating our other divisional rivals, instead of being 4 easy wins for them but upsetting us on occasion, like last season.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    **** the Raiders.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Oh... their fans are still bullies. Losing has no effect on that. Having the *team* suck just makes taking down their a-hole fans a much more regular occurrence. The turds could suck for the second 45 years of my life and I would love every second of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I remember the days when the inter-league play started, I rooted for AFL teams to beat the opposing NFL no matter who it was. I hated the NFL more than any other AFL team at that time. I can admit the the Raider team has played some great football, their fame grew from Bolt failures and unbelievable happens never seen before or since in rivalry games. The player of both teams really had hatred for each other and I'd venture to say some of the best football in history has been played tween the Bolts and the Duds. JMHO.